A selection of articles related to hellenistic period.
Original articles from our library related to the Hellenistic Period. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hellenistic Period.
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Astrological Emphasis: Aquarius, 2001
- General | Love | Work | Health Aquarius: January, 21st- February, 19th. This article applies to Aquarians during 2001. General Those born under the sign of Aquarius are characterised by their great passion for mystery and prove to have a fighting spirit in...
Astrology >> Aquarius
- Astrological Emphasis: Pisces, 2001
- General | Love | Work | Health Pisces: February, 21st - March, 20th. This article applies to Pisceans during 2001. General Pisces is the twelfth sign of the Zodiac, astrologically dominated by Jupiter and Neptune, exalted by the Moon and with Mercury in exile....
Astrology >> Pisces
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Astrological Emphasis: Gemini, 2001
- General | Love | Work | Health Gemini: May, 21st- June, 21st. This article applies to Geminis during 2001. An Air sign. The Gemini person is blessed with a great intelligence General An Air sign. The Gemini person is blessed with a great intelligence and has...
Astrology >> Gemini
Hellenistic Period is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hellenistic Period books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Israel in the Hellenistic Age I. Alexander the Great II. Hellenism and
- Israel in the Hellenistic Age. (Daniel). I.
- DATING METHODS DURING THE EARLY HELLENISTIC PERIOD
- 115. JCS 52 (2000). DATING METHODS DURING THE EARLY.
- Major Greek Philosophers Before the Hellenistic Period Pre-Socratic
- Major Greek Philosophers Before the Hellenistic Period. Pre-Socratic Philosophers. The Milesians.
- The Hellenistic Period1
- The Hellenistic Period. 2 following two propositions that are equivalents of the following modern statements. 1.
- The Mantle Dancer in the Hellenistic Period: Glorification of the
- of the female veiled dancer in the Hellenistic period, compared to Classical .
Suggested News Resources
- Ancient theatre discovered in Bodrum, Turkey
- “The theatre belongs to the Hellenistic period. We can say that it is a huge theatre,” Dr. Sahin said.
- Why Isn't Christianity Sexy?
- While the Battle of Actium formally closed out the Hellenistic period 30 years before his birth, there was plenty of it still around. Besides, historical dates don't mean squat. Reality is a river, not a timeline.
- A neglected treasure once fit for a king
- All of Asine's ancient fortifications date to the Hellenistic period (circa 300 BC) but human occupation at the site had already begun thousands of years earlier in the Neolithic era (circa 6500-3200 BC).
Suggested Web Resources
- Hellenistic period - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Hellenistic period or Hellenistic era describes the time which followed the conquests of Alexander the Great. It was so named by the historian J. G.
- The Hellenistic period
- The Hellenistic period.While the Hellenistic Age is sometimes regarded as simply a final chapter in the history of Greece, this is by no means correct.
- The Hellenistic Period in World History - American Historical
- Aug 7, 2007 The Hellenistic period is conventionally said to extend from the accession of Alexander the Great to the throne of Macedon in 336 B.C.
- Hellenistic Art
- The Hellenistic period begins in 323 with the death of Alexander the Great and ends with the battle of Actio in 31 BC.
Hellenistic Period Topics
let there be peace on earth
salvation army alove uk
regional development agency funding