A selection of articles related to herd animals.
Original articles from our library related to the Herd Animals. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Herd Animals.
- Questions and Answers about Power Animals
- Question : So, what does it mean to work with 'power' animals? Are we working with an individual animal, say the 'possum down the street or the wolf at the zoo? Answer : Well, sorry to say, no. When you work with a 'power' animal (I've got to find a better...
Symbology >> Animals
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Animal Magic
- (Its More Familiar Than You Think!) A Circle fills the room with its special glow. Fragrant herbs perfume the air; candles light the night. And two small eyes glow up at you, knowing that they too are part of the magic. People and animals have worked magic...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Noah's Ark
- The story (or myth? ) of Noah and his ark full of animals is told from the accounts in the Hebraic Bible, from the Christian’s Book of Genesis in the Old Testament Bible and from the Muslim’s Qur’an.
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 4
- There can be no doubt that the world situation today is grave. It is becoming increasingly apparent that the institutions, governments, and traditional methods of society, have little effectiveness in solving a collective crisis of global proportions. In this...
Mind >> World Mind
Herd Animals is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Herd Animals books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Social Control of Herd Animals by Integration of Artificially
- cows's innate gregarious behavior using a small number of controlled animals.
- Sitting Bull College, Bison/Tatanka Care and Culture Workshop
- Otherwise the tribes only have a symbol of what they once had. The modern world has so quickly lost the knowledge of what constitutes a herd of animals.
- OBJECT EQUIPMENT SETUP
- On each turn, you roll the unique dice to determine what herd animals you are entitled to multiply, or what hazards/rewards come your way.
Suggested News Resources
- Lehigh Valley Zoo Animals to Hunker Down for Irene
- By Margie Peterson Herd animals like bison and elk have an instinct for knowing when to hunker down.
- What a year it's been
- No one will question your masculinity if you can herd animals on horseback. The cowboy is, in one word, badass. The drugstore cowboy, though, not so much, but we'll forgive Salvatore Ferragamo, Siki Im, John Varvatos, and Dsquared2.
- Brad Johnson column: Eastern Gamagrass a good plant
- The native animals (buffalo and elk) that used this grass before European settlement were herd animals that grazed and then moved to fresh grass, not returning to an area they had grazed until plants had an opportunity to regrow.
- Friday, Aug. 26, 2011: Baseball, bottled water and firewood
- Elephants are herd animals that require a social structure. Even if another elephant is brought to Hope, more elephants are needed.
- A Piggy Pal in SoCal
- They are herd animals. They benefit from regular yet humane discipline — with positive reinforcement, not negative. They require routine exercise and stimulation, or else they may get bored and start to act up.
Suggested Web Resources
- Collective nouns, groups of animals, terms for animal and other
- ANIMAL/SPECIES. TERM. ANTELOPES, A HERD of antelopes.
- Names of Animals, Babies and Groups- EnchantedLearning.com
- Bison, Buffalo, bull, cow, calf, gang, herd, obstinacy. Boar, boar, sow, piglet, shoat , farrow, singular, sounder.
- Herd animal - definition of Herd animal in the Medical dictionary - by
- a group of animals, usually cattle, or pigs, or related wild animal species, which live a collective life together.
- People are Herd Animals
- Humans like to believe that they are ruled by their intellect.