A selection of articles related to hermopolis parva.
Original articles from our library related to the Hermopolis Parva. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hermopolis Parva.
- Thoth, (Djehuty), the god who is said to have invented writing, the measuring of time, music, magic, art, medicine, mathematics and astronomy. In early times shown as an ibis, the sign of the 15th Lower Egyptian nome, so he might have originated there. His...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
Hermopolis Parva is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hermopolis Parva books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Short contribution: Buried Canopic channel identified near Egypt's
- (Hermopolis Parva), Abu Qir (Canopus), and Rosetta (Rachid) is one where relatively few ancient settlements have been discovered (Figures 1–3).
- 00-ColinAdams-prelims 1..14
- Nechthenibis in the Saite nome and Hermopolis Parva in the Delta region, as the to' the Delta, and thus Hermopolis Parva is the probable destination.
- CHAPTER 3 The Environmental Background to Pharaonic Civilization
- Tell Atrib. ATHRIBIS. Tell Hisn.
- Offering to
- the principal shrine of Thoth in Lower Egypt, second only in importance to Hermopolis in. Upper Egypt, for which reason the Romans called it Hermopolis Parva.
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Hermopolis Parva
- Hermopolis Parva. A titular see of Ægyptus Prima, suffragan of Alexandria. Its ancient name, Dimanhoru or Tema-en-Hor, signifies the town of Horus.
- Damanhur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In Greek and Roman times, it was called Hermopolis Mikra or Hermopolis Parva, which would also give it an association with Hermes, the Egyptian Thoth.
- Discussion: 153. Hermupolis - (Damanhur)
- Dec 19, 2000 Hermupolis (= Hermopolis parva). The city of Hermupolis is identical with modern Damanhur (al- Wahsh).
- Damanhur: Definition from Answers.com
- Damanhur ( ) A city of northeast Egypt on the Nile River delta northwest of Cairo. In ancient times it was known as Hermopolis Parva.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheslist of superheroes
texting language examples
dream interpretation jade
dsm-iv codes parasomnias
geography of turkey natural hazards
master fallout the cathedral