A selection of articles related to herodotus.
Original articles from our library related to the Herodotus. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Herodotus.
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- From Agape to Praxis: The Fourfold Nature of Love
- It is said that one can tell what a culture knows best by counting the number of words their language uses to describe a concept. Eskimos have many words for snow and the classical Greeks had many words for love. I have isolated four Greek words that I feel...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
Herodotus is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Herodotus books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Herodotus' Histories and its reliability
- Another thing that supposedly happened in the same year was the publication of Histories by “Father of History” Herodotus.
- Educational Reforms in Greece and report from Berkeley
- Herodotus tells in a very entertaining way how the leading families of Athens colluded and repeatedly tricked the Athenians (“more clever and less gullible”, and “the most intelligent of the Greeks”) to gain political power.
- Postal Pitfalls, From Beacons to Emails
- According to the Greek historian Herodotus, Xerxes' messengers were the best in the ancient world, for “neither snow nor rain nor heat nor night holds back for the accomplishment of the course.
- A Lost Chapter from Herodotus Concerning the Super Bowl
- And in the distant empire of Usa there is a strange custom that takes place once per year among the barbarians of that land, which occurs in the following manner.
- What Does Ancient Athens Have to Do With University Protesters?
- We sometimes refer to Herodotus as the father of history.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.