A selection of articles related to hesiod.
Original articles from our library related to the Hesiod. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hesiod.
- (void) According to Hesiod, the very first entity to assume definite existence; the primal being out of which all else emerged....
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- An Overview of Greek Gods and Goddesses
- The Twelve Olympians were the main gods and goddesses in Greek mythology. They resided in Mount Olympus and actually totals to fourteen Olympians but never more than twelve in a time.
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
Hesiod is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hesiod books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Legacy of Armenia: Trade, Metallurgy, and Forging of Precious Metals of
- According to ancient Greek writers Homer, Hesiod, Euripides and others, “copper, silver and iron were first invented in Armenian Highland and then exported to other countries.” World renowned archaeologists such as Henri Frankfort, Jacques de Morgan, ...
- The Ache for Order, the Virtue of Chance
- In Hesiod's cosmology of 700 BC, the world began in Chaos – formless, silent and dark. Out of Chaos rose Mother Earth, who organized the world into sky, mountains and sea.
- Why Hesiod would have gone for Grexit
- The farmer-poet Hesiod (c. 700 BC) makes the point about competition by calling it Eris, 'strife', which he characterises as painful but also helpful.
- Armenia: A cradle of trade, metallurgy, and forging of precious metals
- According to ancient Greek writers Homer, Hesiod, Euripides and others, “copper, silver and iron were first invented in Armenian Highland and then exported to other countries.” A number of world-famous scientists emphasized that Armenia constantly ...
- AO Scott's 'Better Living Through Criticism'
- (Scott likes to quote the Greeks, from the poet Hesiod to Plato to Aristotle, but omits to mention their most salient contribution to his subject, which is the word “critic” itself, derived from the verb “to judge.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesmazda wankel engine 12a
clamp satsuki igarashi
castle in the sky plot
bear bryant professional influence
das lied von der erde analysis