A selection of articles related to hesiod.
Original articles from our library related to the Hesiod. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hesiod.
- (void) According to Hesiod, the very first entity to assume definite existence; the primal being out of which all else emerged....
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- An Overview of Greek Gods and Goddesses
- The Twelve Olympians were the main gods and goddesses in Greek mythology. They resided in Mount Olympus and actually totals to fourteen Olympians but never more than twelve in a time.
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
Hesiod is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hesiod books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Hesiod The Homeric Hymns and - Pennsylvania State University
- Hesiod, The Homeric Hymns, and Homerica, edited by Hugh G. Evelyn-White ( 1914) is a publica- tion of the Pennsylvania State University.
- The Cosmic Myths of Homer and Hesiod
- Oral Tradition, 2/1 (1987): 31-53. The Cosmic Myths of Homer and Hesiod. Eric A.
Suggested News Resources
- An honest day's work
- So says the ancient Greek poet Hesiod when reporting the events of his time.
- Cutting cake (and eating it too) – the sticky maths of fair division
- It appears nearly 3000 years ago in Hesiod's poem Theogeny where Prometheus divides a cow and Zeus selects the part he prefers.
- VI convocation series a potpourri of arts
- The project seeks to keep alive in undergraduate education classical texts such as the Iliad, Odyssey, the Homeric Hymns, the poetry of Hesiod and the Histories of Herodotus. During a visit Monday, Sept.
- What can the Ancient Greeks do for us?
- One of the earliest surviving Greek poems, Hesiod's Theogony, is marinated in Babylonian creation myths.
- Local band Skeleton Birds usher in 'The Silver Age' with their second album
- The title of the album, which refers to the second of the “Ages of Man,” most commonly associated with Greek mythology and the poet Hesiod, “seemed to fit for a second album,” Ross says.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hesiod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Hesiod 2] was a Greek oral poet generally thought by scholars to have been active between 750 and 650 BC. Since at least Herodotus's time (Histories, 2.
- Hesiod lived in the 8th century BCE, probably about the same time or shortly after Homer.
- Hesiod - What You Need to Know About Hesiod
- Hesiod. Short biography of the second great Greek epic poet, Hesiod.
- A poet and rhapsode, Hesiod lived around 700 B.C. Hesiod is always compared to Homer and is one those rare poets whose compositions survive to this day.
- Hesiod, the father of Greek didactic poetry, probably flourished during the 8th century BC.