- het·er·o·sis (h t -r s s). n. See hybrid vigor.
- Heterosis principles
- heterosis, of the first cross.
- ECONOMIC HETEROSIS AND BREED COMPLEMENTARITY FOR
- farm profit.
- Utilization of Heterosis in a Beef Cow Herd
- Aug 1, 2011 heterosis, other researchers called the condition hybrid vigour.
- Cattle Breeds: Limousin releases multibreed EPDs
- "Commercial cattlemen are utilizing the power of heterosis," Anderson added. "Over the past 40 plus years in North America, Limousin cattle have drastically improved to meet the demand.
- BSPB warns growers not to farm-save hybrid varieties
- The factsheet highlights the benefits of F1 hybrid seed due to the heterosis, or 'hybrid vigour', derived in a single season by combining the best characters from two carefully selected parent lines.
- Heterosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Heterosis, or hybrid vigor, or outbreeding enhancement, is the improved or increased function of any biological quality in a hybrid offspring.
- heterosis (genetics) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
- heterosis (genetics), the increase in such characteristics as size, growth rate, fertility, and yield of a hybrid organism over those of its parents.
- Heterosis Effect, Hybrid Dogs
- Purebreds and inbreeds often carry genetic disease.
- Heterosis - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster
- the marked vigor or capacity for growth often exhibited by crossbred animals or plants —called also hybrid vigor. — het·er·ot·ic \-ˈrä-tik\ adjective.
Heterosis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Heterosis books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
stone temple pilots singles
bedford-stuyvesant early history
uncle toms cabin simon legree