- Genetic toolbox: Part 1
- This article focuses on Dr. Weaber's presentation on the role of heterosis, and part 2 of this series will summarize Dr. Decker's presentation on the use of genomic tools in commercial cow-calf operations.
- 11 must-read profitability tips from Burke Teichert
- It is improved by better land and grazing management and by selecting cows to fit a low-input environment which typically means cows with less size, less milk and more heterosis.
- Transition from row crops to pasture leads to profitability
- The last few years a Charolais bull has been used as a terminal sire on the Red Angus based cowherd to provide heterosis and productive feedlot calves. The temperament of the animals is also important in this type of system.
- Take a balanced approach when selecting herd bulls
- Heterosis helps both, too.” Another reader asked, “How about profitability?” With profitability in mind, it's probably wise to make herd sire selections with a balanced approach.
- Genetic toolbox: Part 2
- This article focuses on Dr. Decker's presentation on the role of heterosis. Part 1 of the series summarized Dr.
Heterosis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Heterosis books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesbook of the law
differential solubility logp
dream symbol white wine