- Give and take
- The partners have evolved a reciprocal exchange whereby the heterotroph provides metabolic waste — nitrogen and phosphorus — to the phototroph, which requires these key nutrients to survive. In return, the phototroph supplies its partner with ...
- Researchers analyze how nutrient pollution can negatively impact important
- These give-and-take scenarios—as with corals and algae—occur between a phototroph, an organism that makes its own food through the process of photosynthesis, and a heterotroph, which must look to its environment for food.
- Evidence for quorum sensing and differential metabolite production by a marine
- Experiments with the diatom Thalassiosira pseudonana, showed increased intracellular production of amino acids in response to co-culturing with the heterotroph Dinoroseobacter shibae (Paul et al., 2012). In another study, the Roseobacter Phaeobacter ...
- Überraschende Doppelstrategie: Wie Orchideen an Nährstoffe kommen
- Sie leben mit diesen Pilzen in Symbiose und sind, wenn sie sich von ihnen mit Nährstoffen beliefern lassen, "heterotroph". Bisher ist die Forschung davon ausgegangen, dass nur sehr wenige Pflanzenarten fähig sind, parallel zur eigenen Photosynthese ...
- Nearing the cold-arid limits of microbial life in permafrost of an upper dry
- Liquid aerobic heterotroph enrichments were also carried out on dry and ice-cemented permafrost at 5 °C and 20 °C in 0.1% Na4P2O7, R2A, TSA, 1:10 TSA, BG11 (incubated in light) and R2A, TSA and 1:10 TSA supplemented with 5% NaCl (m/v). Soil was ...
Heterotroph is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Heterotroph books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searchescharlie jackson
horse breeding surrogate dams
metonymy and metaphor