- the flight of Muhammad from Mecca to Medina to escape persecution a.d. 622: regarded as the beginning of the Muslim Era.
- Transgenders, Vestidas, Hijra, Kathoey: Responding to Cultural
- Transgenders, Vestidas,. Hijra, Kathoey: Responding to Cultural Expressions of. Gender Identity.
- 12 yrs Hijra calendar
- Bismillahirrahmanirraheem. Hijra Calendar. First and last dates of the months for the years from 1428 to 1439.
- Doors open on terrible secrets of a crumbling police state in Tripoli
- The records included dozens of wanted posters showing the faces and personal details of suspected members of Takfir wal-Hijra, an extremist group that broke away from the Muslim Brotherhood in the 1960s and remained active in Libya.
- Somalis Helping Somalis
- One is the NGO Hijra. "Currently, we are responding to the crisis in Mogadishu, the drought affected people, who are actually coming on a daily basis to Mogadishu. We also are doing some response to the conflict affected people in Mogadishu.
- The AfPak Channel: Checking the spread of AIDS in Pakistan
- HIV/AIDS interventions between 2008 and 2009 reportedly reached more than 30000 IDUs, 25000 male and hijra sex workers, 12000 female sex workers, and 50000 truckers.
- MODON attracts 140 new projects in Madinah
- The reason for the increasing interest in the industrial city is its site, which is located about 17 km from the Prophet's Mosque and on Al-Hijra (migration) road.
- Epidemics: AIDS Cases Increasing in Muslim Countries
- Truck drivers, prisoners and street children often have high rates of HIV infection; in Pakistan, infection rates are rising rapidly among transgender prostitutes known as hijra.
- The Hijra (Aravani) - India's Third Gender Photo Gallery by Maciej
- some photos from the project on India's hijra community.
Hijra is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hijra books and related discussion.