A selection of articles related to himalayas lakes.
Original articles from our library related to the Himalayas Lakes. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Himalayas Lakes.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Making A Difference - The Hanged Man
- A woman walks in the bare coldness and desolation of the Himalayas in wintertime. The sun is her only companion in a contemplative foot tour in which she thinks over the faded dreams, disappointments, unpleasant activities and unhappy relationship that make...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Nun was the god who personified the primeval waters, the chaos which existed before there was shape and form, the dark liquid mass out of which there appeared the creator-god. Nun is regarded as having no surface, stretching into infinity. Not subject to...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Egyptian Temples, part II: The Priesthood
- The basis for the country, for society and for the individual was the maintaining of Maat. When the earth is a reflection of the sky, which is lorded by Re, then Pharaoh, "son of Re", Horus incarnated, becomes accordingly the lord of the earth. But...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Everyday Air
- We breathe it in every day. It surrounds us, fills us, yet often we don't even notice it: Air. Of all the elements, Air is perhaps the most illusive. It can be the most difficult to describe, but can also be one of the most vibrant. Air brings us the light...
The Elements >> Air
- Vodyanoi, The
- Any of a class of animistic nature-spirits, beings associated with and having control over water: springs, pools, lakes, rivers, etc....
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Himalayas Lakes is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Himalayas Lakes books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Water Quality and Eutrophication Status of Some Lakes of the
- per BIS (1991) in Renuka lake (H.P.).
- Formation of Glacial Lakes in the Hindu Kush-Himalayas and GLOF
- Formation of Glacial Lakes in the Hindu Kush-Himalayas and GLOF Risk Assessment .
- Organic geochemical record of increased productivity in Lake
- Abstract Organic geochemical proxies have been studied in a 45-cm-long core retrieved from Lake Naukuchiyatal in. Kumaun Himalayas, India.
- Palaeolimnological evidence of environmental changes in some
- some high altitude Himalayan lakes (Nepal).
Suggested News Resources
- New Threat in Himalayas' Glacial Melt: Tsunamis
- (Newser) – Tsunamis can occur far from the ocean, and climate change is increasing the risk of disaster in one of the more unlikely places on Earth: the Himalayas.
Suggested Web Resources
- Himalayan Glaciers - lakes in Himalaya mountain regions
- Himalayan glaciers and mountain lakes in the Himalayas. Himalaya Encyclopedia.
- Himalayan Lakes of Nepal
- Gosaikund and other lakes in the Langtang Himalayan region are of religious significance. The Himaalyan region is rich in glaciers.
- Himalayan lakes called earthquake threat - UPI.com
- May 16, 2011 Glacial lakes in the Himalayas could threaten population centers if they were ruptured by earthquakes, scientists say.
Himalayas Lakes Topics
Related searcheslithospheric plates
magic illusion transformation
mysticism islamic mystics
schutzstaffel ss medical corps
meaning of dreams about woman
list of delicacies united states