A selection of articles related to hindu atman.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Atman. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Atman.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Hinduism: An Overview
- Hinduism is believed to be the oldest organized religion in the world. It ranks as the third largest religion in the world after Christianity and Islam.
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Nipping Trouble in the Bud: Community and Child Custody Issues Affecting Heathens
- I suggest there are several ways to deal with religious issues, particularly as they affect child custody, getting along with neighbors, etc. One is to be open and honest unless you are in an area so benighted as to be putting yourself and your loved ones in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Hindu Atman is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Atman books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Hindu notion of unity an antidote to global turmoil
- Continuing this thought further, the 7th shloka (verse) of Isha Upanishad says in essence: “For one who sees ONENESS everywhere, how can there be delusion, and how can there be grief?” So, we should see our Self (with a capital S) – which is the atman, ...
- 108 Upanishads PDF Downloads in English, Sanskrit, Hindi
- The Upanishads are 108 in total. However, the principal or main Upanishads are 12 in number. The PDF downloads below include Hindi, Sanskrit, Malayalam and English versions.
- War of words between Smriti Irani and Anand Sharma as HRD minister takes
- Agni is the Hindu god of fire. He is regarded as the friend and protector of humanity, in particular, he safeguards the home.
- At Stake: The imagination of India
- How can the "atman" (self) be housed inside a national territory? And, how can "mukti" (liberation) be ... Deriving from the narrow European idea of the nation, its party ideology believes that India is a Hindu nation.
Suggested Web Resources
- Ātman (Hinduism) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Ātman (/ˈɑːtmən/) is a Sanskrit word that means inner self or soul. In Hindu philosophy, especially in the Vedanta school of Hinduism, Ātman is the first ...
- Heart of Hinduism: Atman - Iskcon Educational Services
- The real self (atman) is distinct from the temporary body. ... In order to understand the Hindu worldview it is essential to grasp this first and foundational concept.
- atman | Hindu philosophy | Britannica.com
- Nov 25, 2014 Atman, ( Sanskrit: “self,” “breath”) one of the most basic concepts in Hinduism, the universal self, identical with the eternal core of the personality ...
- The Concept of Atman or Eternal Soul in Hinduism
- In Hinduism Atman is the individual self or the eternal soul which is identical to Brahman in essence.
- Belief In Atman, The Eternal Soul Or The Inner Self - Hinduwebsite
- We have presented here the Hindu concept of Eternal Soul or the Inner Self and its equation with the Universal Self.