A selection of articles related to hindu calendar.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Calendar. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Calendar.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Celtic Gods of Mainland Europe
- Speakers of Celtic languages once dominated a swath of Europe stretching from Spain to areas of modern-day Turkey. At various times in their heyday from 500 to 100 B.C., these Celtic peoples controlled what is now France, southern Germany, northern Italy,...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Hawke, Elen: British Author
- Elen Hawke is an author, artist and British witch from Oxford, England with many years experience both living and teaching the Craft. She is a Craft elder, a Wiccan initiate, and a professional astrologer and tarot reader, as well as being a working...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Feasts of the Times
- "There are rituals of the elements and feasts of the times." - AL II,36 The Tropical Zodiac, while not shifting with the precession of the Earth like the Sidereal Zodiac, has the charming...
Magick >> Thelema
Hindu Calendar is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Calendar books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- HINDU CALENDAR
- HINDU CALENDAR. By N.R.
- Hindu calendar for 2009-2013
- Hindu calendar for 2009. All dates are shown using the Gregorian (Western) calendar.
- INDIAN CALENDARS:
- The Indian solar calendar is made to approximate the sidereal or nirayana year. The .
- Panchangam Introduction
- This book may be used to share the Hindu Dharma with others on the path, but only with the prior written consent of the publisher. Vedic.
- Pushya Nakshatra 2011 based on Hindu calendar and India
- According to Hindu astrology, the favorable alignment of the stars on Pushya Pushya Nakshatra Days as per Indian Standard Time.
Suggested News Resources
- Ganesh Festival slated at Hindu Temple of Kansas City
- The Annual Ganesh Chaturthi, one of the important cultural events in the Hindu calendar will start on September 1, 2011 at the Hindu Temple of Kansas City.
- Gauri Sinh: Will you go Green this Ganeshotsav?
- And while Ganesha's coming is auspicious, whether on the Hindu calendar or as a festival, His likeness is becoming a growing cause for concern amongst environmentalists. The reason?
- Fire-hit Leicester Hindu temple in Midland Bank move plan
- The blast happened after one of the biggest festivals in the Hindu calendar. No-one was seriously injured. A planning application has now been submitted for the old Midland Bank building on Granby Street.
- Celebrating the birth of Lord Krishna
- Janmashtami or Krishna Janmashtami is a religious festival celebrated by Hindus to commemorate the birth of Lord Krishna, whom the Hindus believe is an incarnation of their deity Vishnu, on the ashtami tithi according to the Hindu calendar.
- Revering Serpent God: Devotees Throng Temples on Nagara Panchami
- Mangalore, Aug 4: The first festival of the Hindu calendar year, Nagara Panchami, was celebrated on the morning of Thursday August 4 with utmost devotion and gaiety.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hindu Festivals 2011: Calendar of Hindu Fast, Festivals & Religious
- A date-wise list of Hindu holidays, fasts, feasts, festivals and religious occasions for 2011.
- Heart of Hinduism: The Hindu Calendar
- The Hindu calendar is based on lunar months corresponding to the phases of the moon. In one year there are twelve months of 29.
- Hindu calendar
- Months in the Hindu Calendar. Month, No. of Days.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Hindu Calendar Topics
Related searchesvarna caste
inner product space definitions
asthma differential diagnosis