A selection of articles related to hindu calendar.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Calendar. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Calendar.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Celtic Gods of Mainland Europe
- Speakers of Celtic languages once dominated a swath of Europe stretching from Spain to areas of modern-day Turkey. At various times in their heyday from 500 to 100 B.C., these Celtic peoples controlled what is now France, southern Germany, northern Italy,...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Hawke, Elen: British Author
- Elen Hawke is an author, artist and British witch from Oxford, England with many years experience both living and teaching the Craft. She is a Craft elder, a Wiccan initiate, and a professional astrologer and tarot reader, as well as being a working...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Nipping Trouble in the Bud: Community and Child Custody Issues Affecting Heathens
- I suggest there are several ways to deal with religious issues, particularly as they affect child custody, getting along with neighbors, etc. One is to be open and honest unless you are in an area so benighted as to be putting yourself and your loved ones in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Hindu Calendar is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Calendar books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- A Look at the Hindu Maha Shivaratri Festival
- And aside from honoring the deity, the festivity also marks the divine marriage between Shiva and the Sakti (goddess) Parvati. In Hindu calendar, Shivaratri falls on the 14th night during new moon of the month of Phalguna.
- Gavaskar showers praise on Shreyas Iyer, Siddhesh
- It's difficult with the international calendar,” he said. Gavaskar also felt he would have preferred to see Test regulars like Cheteshwar Pujara, Murali Vijay, Ishant Sharma and KL Rahul competing against Mumbai in the Irani Cup.
- FROM READERS: Hindu Temple and Community Center of Mid-Missouri celebrates
- Members celebrate most major Hindu festivals, and some welcome members who wish to celebrate festivals from other religions of the Indian diaspora. They take part in several community service programs including Cleanup Columbia, St. Francis House ...
- EC allows theatre plays
- The reason is that the art forms such as Theru Koothu are performed at night. Since April-May are the busy months in their calendar, they requested us to explain it to the Election Officer.
- 5 memorable shots from Sesetan Village's annual 'Kissing Ritual'
- To kick off year 1938 on the Balinese Hindu Saka calendar, young unmarried villagers ages 17-30 of Banjar Kaja Sesatan lined up for the long-standing annual “Kissing Ritual” on Thursday. Called omed-omedan, which translates to pull-pull, male ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.