A selection of articles related to hindu ceremonies.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Ceremonies. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Ceremonies.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Voodoo Rituals
- Voodoo rituals and beliefs recognize that there is one supreme being who created the earth and the universe much like the Abrahamic religions of Christianity, Judaism and Islam belief that there is only one supreme God.
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- An Opinion on Magick
- When I decided to write an article on magick I didn’t quite foresee what a difficult subject it was to write about. Magick, (real magick, not the tricks that David Copperfield does) is still considered to be somewhat of a taboo subject. Even in this...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Hod & Netzach
- Just as the previous pairs of Sephiroth, (Binah - Chokmah, Chessed - Gedulah), needed to be explained together to be fully understood, (Binah depends on that of Chokmah, and Chessed relies on Geburah, visa versa), so it is with Hod and Netzach. Hod is form...
Magick >> Qabalah
- Nipping Trouble in the Bud: Community and Child Custody Issues Affecting Heathens
- I suggest there are several ways to deal with religious issues, particularly as they affect child custody, getting along with neighbors, etc. One is to be open and honest unless you are in an area so benighted as to be putting yourself and your loved ones in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Hindu Ceremonies is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Ceremonies books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE SCIENCE OF CUSTOMS AND RITUALS IN HINDU DHARMA
- Spirituality is a part of every Hindu custom in the life of a Hindu. What are the rules to be followed while practicing the Hindu customs and rituals (aachaaraas) ?
- Hindu Festivals & Holy Days
- Hindu Festivals & Holy Days. Baisakhi (Vaisakhi): first day of the Hindu new year is marked by Baisakhi, primarily a harvest festival.
- THE FUNCTION OF WATER (TIRTHA) IN BALINESE HINDU RITUALS
- Bali is almost similar to the practice of Hindu in India whereas in Balinese Hindu is more attached to the local culture.
- Hinduism Culture and Religion
- The Hindu ethical code attaches great importance to values such as truth, right conduct, love, peace and non violence.
- A Sri Lankan Tamil Hindu Wedding
- The rituals of the Hindu marriage ceremony highlight the interdependence and the complementary nature of husband and wife relationship.
Suggested News Resources
- The faraway bride
- Christine has been able to find snippets of information about Hindu ceremonies from the internet, but the finer intricacies of a south Indian wedding are still a mystery.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hinduism Rites and Ceremonies
- Hinduism Rites and Ceremonies.
- Hindu Rites & Rituals: The Ceremonies of Hinduism
- An overview of the ritual world of Hinduism, from personal daily worship or 'Puja' to rites of passage or 'Samskaras' from birth till death...
- A short Hindu wedding ceremony
- Traditional Hindu wedding ceremonies can last for days and involve much ritual in Sanskrit which may be understood only by the priest conducting the service.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.