A selection of articles related to hindu fast.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Fast. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Fast.
- Juice Fasting 1.01: Building Will
- Two of the biggest problems with any metaphysical pursuit are: 1. Lack of will power 2. Dietary caused low energy levels Will Power: Will power is quite different from 'personality strength'. Just because a person has great personality strength does not mean...
Psychic Abilities >> Psychic Development
- Spring Cleaning for Your Body
- Spring is that time of year when most of us feel the need to throw open the windows, beat the rugs, roll up our sleeves and start scrubbing our living space. Fertility rites. Out with the stale old stuff, in with the fresh new things, bringing with it the...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 And again he entered into Capernaum after some days; and it was noised that he was in the house. 2:2 And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached...
New Testament >> Mark
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 5
- Chapter 5 5:1 And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret, 5:2 And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets. 5:3 And he...
New Testament >> Luke
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 6
- AS THE WORM TURNS Health and well being are part of the natural birthright of the human being. With all of its organs intact, the right diet, exercise and mental focus, a human body can overcome any disease. Even so, the effects of living in this...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
Hindu Fast is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Fast books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Fasting in Hinduism
- Hindu Fasts & Festivals
- HINDU FASTS & FESTIVALS. By. SRI SWAMI SIVANANDA.
- RELIGION Fast Facts
- Fast Facts. HINDUISM. PEOPLE.
- Vaikunta Ekadashi - Hinduism Today Magazine
- While many Hindus fast on all ekadashis, Vaikunta Ekadashi is observed with utmost diligence and self-restraint.
- What is Lent?
- Hindus. Hindus fast at festivals and at other times to show devotion to the Hindu deities. (gods).
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
- Does Religious Fasting Make Any Sense? - Hinduism - About.com
- Does religious fasting make any sense? Why do Hindus fast? A look at fasting from several perspectives.
- Fasting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Fasting is a very integral part of the Hindu religion.
- Hindu women who fast for Shiva find soulmates and happy
- A time-honored Hindu practice yields powerful romantic results.
- Hindu Fasts - Hindu Vrat, Hindu Ekadashi Vratas
- In the following section, we have given brief description of the different types of Hindu fasts. Explore the Hindu Ekadashi vratas.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.