A selection of articles related to hindu fasting.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Fasting. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Fasting.
- Juice Fasting 1.01: Building Will
- Two of the biggest problems with any metaphysical pursuit are: 1. Lack of will power 2. Dietary caused low energy levels Will Power: Will power is quite different from 'personality strength'. Just because a person has great personality strength does not mean...
Psychic Abilities >> Psychic Development
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 6
- AS THE WORM TURNS Health and well being are part of the natural birthright of the human being. With all of its organs intact, the right diet, exercise and mental focus, a human body can overcome any disease. Even so, the effects of living in this...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Yom Kippur
- Yom Kippur is the day when God handed to Moses the second set of the Ten Commandments. This occurred after the completion of the second 40 days of guidance from God.
Religions >> Judaism
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Spring Cleaning for Your Body
- Spring is that time of year when most of us feel the need to throw open the windows, beat the rugs, roll up our sleeves and start scrubbing our living space. Fertility rites. Out with the stale old stuff, in with the fresh new things, bringing with it the...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
Hindu Fasting is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Fasting books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Fasting in Hinduism
- Health Care Providers' Handbook on Hindu Patients - Section 2
- Most Hindus do not eat beef or pork and many follow a vegetarian diet.
- Religious Holidays - 2011-2012 Academic Year Summer B 2011
- Day-time fasting (part of Ramadan). August 22, 2011. Krishna Janmashtami.
- Dietary requirements and faith in schools
- Apart from this there is no restriction on what is to be eaten, and fasting is not carried out.
- Vaikunta Ekadashi - Hinduism Today Magazine
- abode of Lord Vishnu, Supreme God to hundreds of millions of Hindus.
Suggested News Resources
- Major Hindu fasting being observed in Nepal
- KATHMANDU, Nov. 6 (Xinhua) -- A major religious fasting is being observed in Nepal and around the world among the Hindu population.
Suggested Web Resources
- Fasting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Fasting is a very integral part of the Hindu religion.
- Does Religious Fasting Make Any Sense? - Hinduism - About.com
- Does religious fasting make any sense? Why do Hindus fast? A look at fasting from several perspectives.
- Hindu women who fast for Shiva find soulmates and happy
- Because Hindu mythology tells us that Parvati, Shiva's consort, won him over by meditation and fasting, many married women and single girls keep his fast.
- Ekadasi 2011 – 2012 - Ekadashi Calendar Fasting Dates ~ Hindu Blog
- Sep 11, 2009 Ekadasi 2011 – 2012 dates based on Hindu Lunar Calendar. How to observe Ekadasi Fasting?
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Hindu Fasting Topics
Related searcheswalter cronkite retirement
music of kenya mijikenda
kitchen other kitchen types
buddhism and the roman world notes
british royal family popularity
acid medium to weak inorganic acids