A selection of articles related to hindu fasts.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Fasts. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Fasts.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Nipping Trouble in the Bud: Community and Child Custody Issues Affecting Heathens
- I suggest there are several ways to deal with religious issues, particularly as they affect child custody, getting along with neighbors, etc. One is to be open and honest unless you are in an area so benighted as to be putting yourself and your loved ones in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
Hindu Fasts is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Fasts books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Hindu Fasts & Festivals
- HINDU FASTS & FESTIVALS. By. SRI SWAMI SIVANANDA.
- Fasting in Hinduism
- What is Lent?
- Hindus. Hindus fast at festivals and at other times to show devotion to the Hindu deities. (gods).
- Ramadhan: A Time for Fasting, Prayer, & Unity
- Hinduism, the Bible, the Torah, and of course the Quran. Each religion has interpreted the rules of fasting to meet the spiritual needs of its members.
Suggested News Resources
- Sweety goes to an Iftaar party
- I sat next to this genteel lady and asked her about how the Ramzaan fast is different from or similar to the Hindu fasts that she also observes. There are rigid rules she tells me of when to eat and when not.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hindu Fasts - Hindu Vrat, Hindu Ekadashi Vratas
- In the following section, we have given brief description of the different types of Hindu fasts. Explore the Hindu Ekadashi vratas.
- Does Religious Fasting Make Any Sense? - Hinduism - About.com
- Does religious fasting make any sense? Why do Hindus fast? A look at fasting from several perspectives.
- Fasting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Fasting is a very integral part of the Hindu religion.
- MantraOnNet.com: Hindu Fasts
- This section will present the most important fasts practised by Hindu through the ages.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Hindu Fasts Topics
common lisp applications
kung people mythology
nutmeg essential oils
crease cricket batting crease
old guard leather community