A selection of articles related to hindu festival.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Festival. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Festival.
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Hindu Festival is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Festival books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Important Indian Festivals
- Important Indian Festivals. Holi also celebrates Krishna and the legend of Holika and Prahlad.
- Hindu Festivals & Holy Days
- Hindu Festivals & Holy Days. Baisakhi (Vaisakhi): first day of the Hindu new year is marked by Baisakhi, primarily a harvest festival.
- SOME MAJOR HINDU FESTIVALS
- SOME MAJOR HINDU FESTIVALS. M.G.
- Hindu Festivals till the end of year 2031
- Page 1 of 26. Hindu Festivals till the end of year 2031. 2006: Vikram Year 2062.
- 2011 MAJOR HINDU FESTIVALS & CELEBRATIONS FESTIVAL
- 2011 MAJOR HINDU FESTIVALS & CELEBRATIONS. (For Regina CST, Subject to Change).
Suggested News Resources
- 60000 celebrate Hindu festival in British countryside
- AFP Photo LETCHMORE HEATH: In a typically English setting, the grounds of a mock-Tudor country mansion, thousands of pilgrims are celebrating what organisers claim is the biggest Hindu festival outside India.
- Thousands attend Hindu festival near Radlett: With Gallery
- OVER 60000 pilgrims and guests flocked to the Hare Krishna temple near Radlett at the weekend to enjoy one of the world's largest Hindu festivals outside of India. To send a link to this page to a friend, simply enter their email address below.
- WOODFORD GREEN: Hindu festival celebrated at hospice
- By Tom Porter » THERE were paper elephants and Indian food at the celebrations for a Hindu festival at a hospice for seriously ill children.
- Ganesh Festival Postponed in Pattaya
- The annual Hindu festival to celebrate the birth of Ganesh, the elephant god which was planned to take place in Pattaya this week has been postponed until Thursday 1st September.
- Demand for Gold In India Steady Despite Record Breaking Prices
- Some customers want to invest in gold coins for the Hindu festival of Diwali, when it is considered auspicious to buy the yellow metal.
Suggested Web Resources
- List of Hindu festivals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Hindus observe sacred occasions by festive observances. All festivals in Hinduism are predominantly religious in character and significance.
- Hindu Festivals 2011- Hindu Festivals India- Hindu Festival
- Hindu festivals in India includes Hindu festivals calendar and various Hindu festivals in 2011/2012. Read about different Hindu festivals.
- Hindu Festivals 2011: Calendar of Hindu Fast, Festivals & Religious
- A date-wise list of Hindu holidays, fasts, feasts, festivals and religious occasions for 2011.
- Hindu Festival Dates 2005-2015 — Infoplease.com
- Hindu Festival Dates 2005-2015. Here are the dates for Hindu festivals, including Diwali, Hindi New Year, Maha Shiva Ratri, and Holi, from 2005 to 2015.
- List of Hindu Festivals in 2011 and importance of hindu festivals
- The complete list of hindu festivals that occurs in the year 2011.