A selection of articles related to hindu festival.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Festival. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Festival.
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Hindu Festival is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Festival books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Night of Shiva: Hindu festival honors weed-smoking deity
- Festival honoring Shiva is a marijuana lover's dream A Shadu, or holy man, exhales cannabis smoke during Maha Shivaratri celebrations on Feb. 17, 2015 in Kathmandu, Nepal. (Photo credit: Omar Havana/Getty Images) ...
- #Mahashivratri: Twitterati wish everyone Hindu festival celebrated in honor of
- Twitterati on Monday morning is filled with Mahrshivratri wishes. As per Hindi scriptures, the auspicious day dedicated to Lord Shiva on which he married Goddess Parvati. The day falls on the sixth night of Phalgun month every year.
- Elephant throws rickshaws and motorcycles during Hindu festival in India
- An angry elephant went on a rampage in southern India, smashing a line of motorized rickshaws and motorcycles, authorities said.
- Hindu festival unites communities from across Swindon
- Pradeep Bhardwaj, founder of the Swindon Hindu Temple Trust, said: “I want to congratulate the committee for their work in putting together this event.
- After controversies hit Sri Sri's event, President Pranab Mukherjee decides to
- President Pranab Mukherjee will not be delivering the valedictory address at Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's cultural festival in the national capital, as announced.