Hindu Funeral Ceremonies
A selection of articles related to hindu funeral ceremonies.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Funeral Ceremonies. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Funeral Ceremonies.
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Voodoo Rituals
- Voodoo rituals and beliefs recognize that there is one supreme being who created the earth and the universe much like the Abrahamic religions of Christianity, Judaism and Islam belief that there is only one supreme God.
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Views of Deity
- Robin and I leaned against the rock. The moon shone full on the rippling waters of the lake behind us, and the night was redolent with the drums and songs of our people. What a night! As the night enfolded us, we quietly discussed the ritual we had just come...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Hindu Funeral Ceremonies is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Funeral Ceremonies books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Etiquette for a Hindu Funeral – Lastingpost.com Introduction Hindus
- Aug 25, 2009 Hindu funeral rites consist of cremation followed by disposal of the ashes in a sacred river or place.
- FUNERAL RITES ACROSS DIFFERENT CULTURES THE
- Amongst Hindus, relatives of the deceased traditionally eat only simple vegetarian food for thirteen days following a death.
- THE ASSOCIATION OF - Gujarati Association Wolverhampton
- These sanskars have been observed for thousands of years by Hindus throughout the world.
- Funeral Services - Hindu Temple of Ottawa Carleton
- Funeral Home arrangements. 4. Cremation services arrangements.
- UNIT 29 LIFE CYCLE RITUAL-11: DEATH
- UNIT 29 LIFE CYCLE RITUAL-11: DEATH. I. ,Structure.
Suggested News Resources
- No one to play with at school: India's infanticide crisis
- The situation reflects a nationwide crisis in India, where the preference for boys is partly due to the key role that sons play in Hindu funeral ceremonies.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hindu Death Rituals and Beliefs. - Hindu Way of Life
- Cremation is a ritual designed to do much more than dispose of the body; it is intended to release .. Hindu funeral rites can be simple or exceedingly complex.
- Antyesti - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Antyesti or Hindu funeral rites, also referred to as Antim Sanskar, is an important Sanskara, sacrament of Hindu society.
- Funeral Rites of the Hindus and the Buddhists
- Funeral Rites of the Hindus and the Buddhists. Uday Lama.
- Heart of Hinduism: Antyeshti: Funeral Rites
- The funeral rites are almost universally performed and follow similar patterns. Most Hindus cremate their dead.
- Funeral Customs — Hindu | Funeralwise
- Hindu Funeral Services. Unlike other religions, Hinduism has no founder and no common creed or doctrine.