Hindu Funeral Ceremonies
A selection of articles related to hindu funeral ceremonies.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Funeral Ceremonies. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Funeral Ceremonies.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Voodoo Rituals
- Voodoo rituals and beliefs recognize that there is one supreme being who created the earth and the universe much like the Abrahamic religions of Christianity, Judaism and Islam belief that there is only one supreme God.
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- After Midnight: A True Ghost Story
- The nervous chatter of the tourists echoed through the musty catacombs of the ancient city of Edinburgh. If I lingered behind the crowd, would that improve my chances of seeing a ghost? Or perhaps any spectral visitor would be put off by the unstable energies...
Ghosts >> Ghost Stories
- Resurrection of the Higher Self
- In July of 1989, a controversial article crossed the managing editor's desk of an equally controversial magazine. This article was never actually published in the quarterly publication, then known as The Magical Blend , even though it was well documented by...
Body Mysteries >> Psychoactive Substances
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Hindu Funeral Ceremonies is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Funeral Ceremonies books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Four men shot at in Canada Muslim cemetery
- Police said there was a funeral at the cemetery and a group of people remained at the site following the service. Sgt. Poitras said it appeared the shooting involved people who were in the group.
- The week's best photojournalism
- Hindu women collect water for the Mahashivratri festival in Pushkar, India. | (AP Photo/Rajesh Kumar Singh) ... French President Francois Hollande passes French Spahis soldiers during an official funeral ceremony for French politician Yves Guena in Paris.
- Will there be ever be a debate on blasphemy law?
- Pakistan inherited the blasphemy law from the Indian Penal Code promulgated by the British Raj in 1860 to deal with communal violence, mostly between Hindus and Muslims. Until changes to the blasphemy law were introduced by ...
- Hard time for family performing funeral rites
- But they had to wait outside the hall with the body for more than an hour before the person in charge turned up to unlock it.
- News Digest: Peter Mukerjea looking to sell house for legal battle
- Abragh Mohamed had even held a funeral for his beloved wife after he thought she was dead. Mohamed was told .... An uncommon order for Holi has gone out in communally sensitive Bareilly, which has roughly equal Hindu-Muslim population.