A selection of articles related to hindu goddess.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Goddess. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Goddess.
- Brigid - The Goddess of Imbolc and Celtic Europe
- Celtic Myth | Ireland | Britain | Christianity | A Myth The Pagan goddess Brigid is perhaps one of the oldest goddesses of Celtic Europe still recognized and worshipped. In fact, until the mid-twentieth century in Scotland, she was still welcomed in at Imbolc...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Goddess
- Although often depicted as a woman, she is none, and she is all of them. "I am every woman!" And every woman is the Goddess. She is the mystery of the life-giving and life-taking rhythm of nature, the great void and well of endless possibilities....
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Baba Yaga: A Demon or A Goddess?
- Growing up in Kiev, Ukraine, I loved reading and listening to fairy tales. These stories, filled with Slavic flavor, were opening up a new world for me, a world where one is to learn lessons and always to succeed, a world in which no matter how many hardships...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- Aphrodite: Goddess of Love and Beauty
- The goddess of beauty and love was formed out of the foam that was created when Uranus’s castrated genitals were thrown out of the sea of Paphos near Cyprus by the Titan Cronus.
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
Hindu Goddess is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Goddess books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Hindu-goddesses as role models for women - DiVA
- Beteckning: Rel D fält vt 2007:2. Institutionen för humaniora och samhällsvetenskap. Hindu goddesses as role models for women?
- Hindu Goddesses - Vedic Illuminations
- Hindu goddesses: visions of the divine feminine in the Hindu religious tradition / David R. Kinsley. Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The Suffering Mothers. The Hindu Goddesses as - Alternation
- The Hindu Goddesses as. Empowering Role Models for Women. Alleyn Diesel.
- Goddesses & Gender in Hinduism - Stanford University
- 1. Religious Studies 156 fall 2009. Goddesses & Gender in Hinduism.
- PICTURING THE GODDESS: BAZAAR IMAGES AND THE - ETD
- BAZAAR IMAGES AND THE IMAGINATION OF MODERN HINDU RELIGIOUS. IDENTITY. By ....
Suggested News Resources
- Indian Lawyer Sues Hindu God for Abusing Goddess Wife
- Singh told the court in Bihar that Ram sent his wife Sita to live “in exile in a forest without any suitable justification,” even though she passed a purity test to prove that she had not been unfaithful, according to Hindu mythology.
- The Goddess of Madras
- I came across a House of Lords paper dating to 1839. Right-wing Protestants of Madras had complained about the practice of the East India Company supporting Hindu and Muslim festivals in the city and its environs.
- Goddess in the fields
- As per the latest Census (2011), roughly 48% of India's population is female – about 580 million of them. Given that women live longer, this shows a tilt, suggesting some systematic way of eliminating females from the population.
- How the Sangh Parivar transformed Bharat Mata into a militant goddess
- With this template in place, the figure of the traditional Hindu mother goddess was soon invoked. So, in 1936, from Bengal, the land of Durga worshippers, came Anand Math, a novel in Bengali by Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay. The novel laid a solid ...
- Anger Over Smriti Irani's Goddess Durga, Mahishasur Comments: 10 Developments
- I would also like to say that I am a practicing Hindu, I am a Durga worshipper, I say it with a lot of pain what is free speech that certain political entities are giving respectability to.
Suggested Web Resources
- Category:Hindu goddesses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pages in category "Hindu goddesses". The following 183 pages are in this category, out of 183 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Devi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Parvati is the Hindu goddess of love, fertility and devotion. She is the gentle and nurturing aspect of the Hindu goddess. She is the mother goddess in Hinduism ...
- Hindu Goddesses - Goddess Names
- The Hindu Goddesses refer to numerous female deities that are indigenous to Indian Subcontinent. Such a vast area and the range of different religious ...
- Hindu Gods and Hindu Goddesses : overview of the gods and
- There is a remarquable religious tolerance embedded within the pantheon of countless Hindu gods and goddesses, allowing anyone to experience the divine in ...
- Hindu goddesses - ReligionFacts
- In Hinduism, the Supreme Reality (Brahman) manifests itself in both male and female form. Every major god has a goddess counterpart (or consort), and many ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Hindu Goddess Topics
shotacon shotacon publications
sarvepalli radhakrishnan quotes
money supply introduction