A selection of articles related to hindu literature.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Literature. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Literature.
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part III: The Wisdom Literature
- It may seem that religion in ancient Egypt was mainly concerned with preserving the status of kingship and of a powerful priesthood. However, at all levels of society relationship with a deity through prayers and offerings on a daily basis was of great...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Hindu Literature is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Literature books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Hinduism in Europe and America
- Hinduism in Europe and America. By. Elizabeth A.
- Anne E. Monius
- "Rethinking Medieval Hindu Literature," in The Oxford Handbook of Hindu Literature. Oxford: Oxford University Press, forthcoming.
- Hinduism Outline and Handouts
- Sruti - The most sacred term for Hindu literature. It literally means.
- Women in Hindu Dharma- a Tribute
- is quite well established from the extant ancient Hindu literature. In fact, a lost Vedic text named Saulabha Brahmana is attributed to Sulabha, a woman.
- The History of Doing
- hood and to the teachings of the ancient Hindu religion in the matter of the relations of the sexes.
Suggested News Resources
- Katy siblings observe tradition from India
- Raksha Bandhan has been practiced for thousands of years in India, with mentions in history from Alexander the Great to Hindu literature. Chaudhari said that on this day sisters pray for their brothers' long life and success.
- Religious groups in Nepal start campaign for equal rights
- There are no possibilities to study the ancient Hindu literature or art in such institutions. The Hindu population is slowly forgetting the unique history and lofty culture of their home land. 5th Feb.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hindu Scriptures, The Puranas, Vedangas, Devotional Literature
- Religious scriptures of Hinduism and Hindu philosophy, the puranas, the vedangas, darshanas and devotional literature and the Bhagavadgita.
- Epic Hindu Literature: Ramayana, Mahabharata and Bhagavad Gita
- Epic Hindu Literature: Ramayana, Mahabharata and Bhagavad Gita. Lord Rama, with brother, wife, and devotee.
- Category:Hindu literature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pages in category "Hindu literature". The following 8 pages are in this category, out of 8 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Immortal Love Legends: Romantic Tales from Hindu Literature
- Perhaps no other faith glorifies the idea of love between the sexes as Hinduism.
- Mumbai Magic: What is Hindu literature?
- Sep 8, 2007 What is Hindu literature?
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Hindu Literature Topics
Related searchesmorehead state university history
spiritualism characteristic beliefs
malcolm glazer biography
never for ever
sri panchanon bhattacharya