A selection of articles related to hindu marriage.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Marriage. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Marriage.
- A Quick Guide to Reading Ordinary Playing Cards
- Divining from regular playing cards is an old practice and I am sure many of us know at least one fortune-telling game done with this tool. Reading regular cards is called cartomancy or metasymbology. Playing cards have been called "The Devil's Picture...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 22
- Chapter 22 22:1 And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, 22:3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and...
New Testament >> Matthew
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- What day are you born on?
- The day of the month on which the you were born - regardless of which month or year it is - is a key numerological indicator, providing an excellent "thumbnail sketch" of standout traits. It strongly influences your Life Path and is helpful in...
Symbology >> Numerology
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
Hindu Marriage is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Marriage books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE HINDU MARRIAGE ACT
- Appointment of Hindu marriage officers. This Act may be cited as the Hindu Marriage Act. Shorttitle.
- Hindu Marriage and Divorce Act 1961 (Ch 250) CHAPTER 250 THE
- THE HINDU MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE ACT. Commencement: 1 September, 1961.
- Page 1. Page 2. Page 3.
- THE HINDU MARRIAGE ACT, 1955
- An Act to amend and codify the law relating to marriage among Hindus. BE it enacted by .
Suggested News Resources
- Husband must prove existence of first marriage: SC
- of the husband performed in accordance with the Hindu rites having a living spouse is proved to be a nullity and the second wife, therefore, is not entitled to the benefit of Section of 125 Cr PC (maintenance) or the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
- HC asks duo to get over their ego, live together
- Mohan had sought divorce from Shyama under Section 13(1) of the Hindu Marriage Act on grounds of cruelty and desertion. He alleged that Shyama left their house and started living with her parents since 2004.
- High Court dashes woman's 22-yr hope for marital rights
- Chitralekha filed a suit in 1992 for restitution of conjugal rights under Hindu Marriage Act.
- Another tag for Bangalore: Divorce Capital
- “Of the cases coming to the family court, at least 80% are filed under the Hindu Marriage Act. While 70% of couples are from the IT sector, BPOs and private companies, 30%are from the other sections of society,” said a source in the family court.
- 19 years late, 'domestic violence' case quashed
- The marriage could have only been under the Special Marriage Act and not under the Hindu Marriage Act. The high court in 1997 had upheld the verdict.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hindu wedding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In India, where most Hindus live, the laws relating to marriage differ by religion.
- HINDU MARRIAGE CUSTOMS
- In Hindu dharma, marriage is viewed as a sacrament and not a contract.
- The Hindu Marriage, Past and Present
- Hindu marriage tradition, relationship, evils, types, problems, marriage act.
- www.hindumarriage.com - Find your life partner.
- Simple site, dedicated mostly to Maharashtrian Brides and Grooms.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Hindu Marriage Topics
demographics of canada
women in hinduism divorce
dream dictionary song
0 distinguishing zero from o
zimbabwe colonial era