A selection of articles related to hindu monotheism.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Monotheism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Monotheism.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Nipping Trouble in the Bud: Community and Child Custody Issues Affecting Heathens
- I suggest there are several ways to deal with religious issues, particularly as they affect child custody, getting along with neighbors, etc. One is to be open and honest unless you are in an area so benighted as to be putting yourself and your loved ones in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Children of the Gods
- Muslim stood with Jew, Pagan with Christian, Hindu with atheist, all protesting injustice, all making a stand as one people against hate. Downtown Denver was alive with a multi-hued tapestry of people, joined together in tragedy, and hope. A Denver police...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Hindu Monotheism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Monotheism books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 1 The Uses and Misuses of Polytheism and Monotheism in Hinduism by
- To the question, “Is Hinduism monotheistic or polytheistic?” the best answer is,. “ Yes” (which is actually the answer to most either/or questions about Hinduism).
- The Philosophical Ramifications of Biblical Monotheism - SriMatham
- idea of Biblical monotheism, the idea that not only was there a single god, but also that .... presentation of what the monotheists denounce as Hindu Polytheism.
- Hinduism (part 1 of 4): What is Hinduism? - The Religion of Islam
- May 16, 2011 Central to Hindu worship is the image, or icon, which is worshipped either at ... However there are many who define Hinduism as monotheistic.
- Rammohun Roy and the new language of monotheism - Taylor
- Hindu "monotheism", are looser and more flexible. In fact,. Roy's "monotheism" is a modern reinterpretation in the light of the monotheism of the people of the ...
- A comparative study of the concept of God in Hinduism and Islam
- of this paper is to show that monotheism is at the core of both these great religions. Islam is strictly monotheistic but Hinduism has pantheistic and henotheistic ...
Suggested News Resources
- The Khasis as Hindus
- Hindu religious practices may have influenced present day monotheistic Christinatity prevalent among the Khasis.
- A Lesson in Tolerance for Smriti Irani from 19th Century India
- If found critiquing Rama and making fun of the Hindu shastras today, I imagine that she would have received death threats by now.
- Religious activities in he Mid-Hudson Valley: Feb. 28, 2016
- In recent years, scholars have begun to investigate Zoroastrian influences on notions of monotheism, messianism and eschatology in Second Temple Judaism, early Christianity and Islam. The reading group will be introduced to ...
- What the Devil? Paganism & Satanism
- The use of transgressive techniques to bust through social programs and free the individual mind certainly predates, and occurs outside of, Christianity or post-Christian monotheism.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hindu views on monotheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Hinduism is a religion with diverse views on the concept of God. Different Hindu denominations have different conceptions of God, including henotheism, ...
- Is Hinduism a Monotheistic Religion ?
- Aug 27, 2014 This question of Hinduism and monotheism reflects certain preconceptions that should be carefully examined. First is the idea that monotheism ...
- Worship of one God, Monotheism in Hinduism - Hinduwebsite.com
- The origin of the worship of one God in Hinduism based on the evidence in the Vedas and the Upanishads.
- How to argue that Hinduism is monotheistic - Quora
- However, many Hindus who are dualists do think that Hinduism is monotheistic and scripture also supports their position. I am giving a quote from scripture that ...
- I've read that Hinduism is atheistic, monotheistic, as well as ... - Quora
- Philosophically speaking, Hinduism, also called The Vedic Religion traverses from Polytheism to Henotheism to Monotheism and eventually the culminates into ...