A selection of articles related to hindu mythology.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Mythology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Mythology.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Hindu Mythology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Mythology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A Collection of Curricula for the STARLAB Hindu Mythology Cylinder
- İ2008 by Science First/STARLAB, 95 Botsford Place, Buffalo, NY 14216. www. starlab.
- Water, Hindu Mythology and an Unequal Social Order in India
- Water, Hindu Mythology and an Unequal Social Order in India. By Deepa Joshi ( India) and Ben Fawcett (UK).
- Hindu Mythology - Vedic and Puranic
- W. J. Wilkins: Hindu Mythology, Vedic and Puranic, Calcutta: Thacker, Spink.
- Hindu Mythology Notes
- I audited a Hindu Mythology class at Berkeley in the Fall of 2005. What follows are my notes! Hindu Mythology Notes.
- Hindu Mythology in R.K.
- Hindu Mythology in R.K.. Narayan's The Guide.
Suggested News Resources
- Hindu Mythology Comes to Life on the Streets of New York
- In the Odissi style (which is the specialty of Orissa on the east coast of India), it depicts aspects of Hindu mythology with marvelous costumes.
- You may not know these temples
- CHENNAI: Presenting a lecture titled 'The lesser known temples of Chennai' at Gallery Sri Parvati, as part of Madras Week celebrations, Dr Chithra Madhavan touched upon Hindu mythology for themes that are essentially ritualistic.
- House masters
- "The doors have intricate wood work based on Hindu mythology. Today, they are worth lakhs of rupees," he says.
- Krishna integrates
- Although an intrinsic part of Hindu mythology, Krishna is more of a secular god. Krishna enchants people of all faiths and regions - that's why he is seen as a universal symbol of devotion and love.
- Banished from the past
- The author dexterously weaves in references to Hindu mythology and romantic Sufi poetry. Every detail packs layers of meaning, and even the few minor characters are finely drawn.
Suggested Web Resources
- Encyclopedia Mythica: Hindu mythology.
- Mar 1, 2011 The available articles in the Hindu mythology area.
- Introduction to Hindu Mythology
- This addition to the Vishnu myth was probably an attempt to subordinate popular Buddhism to the Hindu system.
- Learn from Indian Mythology - ::Learn from Indian Mythology::
- Indian Mythology is one of the richest elements of Indian Culture, which enriches it further and makes it a unique one in the world.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Hindu Mythology Topics
Related searchesdzejla glavovic
longest word in english jokes
wendell berry biography