A selection of articles related to hindu rishis.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Rishis. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Rishis.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Nipping Trouble in the Bud: Community and Child Custody Issues Affecting Heathens
- I suggest there are several ways to deal with religious issues, particularly as they affect child custody, getting along with neighbors, etc. One is to be open and honest unless you are in an area so benighted as to be putting yourself and your loved ones in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Our rune for this month is known in reconstructed Common Germanic as *Wunjo, and is used for the sound represented by the English letter W. After the Anglo-Saxons began to write with a modified form of Roman Script (the letters being used to write this...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Hindu Rishis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Rishis books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Ursa Major – The Seven Rishis (Hindu)
- Ursa Major – The Seven Rishis (Hindu). The stars of the Big Dipper were the seven sages called. Rishis.
- Vaikunta Ekadashi - Hinduism Today Magazine
- and Newton, Hindus recorded knowledge of gravity, heliocentrism and other universal laws in treatises called Siddhanta.
- Essentials of Hindu Dharma
- History of Hindu Dharma Rishis of Rig Veda. • Rig Veda mentions about four hundred.
Suggested News Resources
- Of sex & guilt
- Hindu Rishis, or the seers, who were venerated as the bearer of truth, led normal life, relishing in desires and their fulfillment.
Suggested Web Resources
- Rishi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The rishis were prominent when Vedic Hinduism took shape, as far back as some three thousand years ago.
- Template:Rishis of Hindu mythology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Template:Rishis of Hindu mythology.
- THE 7 RISHIS - AULD LANG SYNE
- One of the Hindu Rishis, he lived through three lives, at the end of which he ' became immortal and ascended to the heavenly world, to union with the sun'.
- Things to Know - Hinduism - SAGES (RISHIS)
- The sages are an important part of the Hindu religion. They are called 'Rishis'.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.