A selection of articles related to hindu rites.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Rites. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Rites.
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part IV: Middle Kingdom
- First Intermediate - Middle Kingdom (ca 2181 -1786 bc.) The powers that built the solar temples of the 5th dynasty and the pyramids of the 6th dynasty weakened towards the end of the Old Kingdom, perhaps as a result of eroding economics, leaving the King less...
Religions >> Egyptian
- King Pentheus and his fateful encounter with the god Dionysus
- The story of king Pentheus and his fateful encounter with the god Dionysus is both horrifying and carries a certain warning. There arrived one day in Thebes a dancing god of great beauty and magnetism. So strong was his pull that all the women in that town...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Hindu Rites is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Rites books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Dr. P.C. (Raju) Shah & Prof. B. Sanwal
- DEATH: HINDU RITES, RITUALS & PREPARATIONS FOR FUNERALS. Dr. P.
- Birth and childhood customs
- author explores and explains the various samskaras (Hindu rites) from before conception to reader's understanding of Hindu birth and childhood ceremonies .
- Rites of Passage - Hinduism Today Magazine
- During these Hindu rites of passage, a temple or home ceremony deeply influences the soul and directs life along the path of dharma.
- . rites and rituals L my
- observe many rites starting from pregnancy to the birth of a child. The ritual among Muslims and.
- Hindu Rites, Rituals, Customs And Traditions
- Aug 24, 2011 Hindu Rites, Rituals, Customs And Traditions. Author: Prem P. Bhalla.
Suggested News Resources
- We're different, yet alike
- Fasting is also part of many Hindu rites and rituals. Christians fast as a sign of sacrifice. Fasting is the “going without” of the things we want and to honour the things we have.
- Italian couple marries in Pushkar
- The couple took 'pheras' according to Hindu rites. Emian wore a sari and jewellery . David vowed to be with her for seven lives .
- Cop denies abusing duo
- He asked the court's discretion to allow Thilaiyalagan to attend and perform Hindu rites at his father's funeral as his brother was abroad.
- High Court dashes woman's 22-yr hope for marital rights
- She contended that her marriage was solemnized in a Hindu temple according to Hindu rites and was also registered the same day. In 1990, Chitralekha filed an application for restitution of conjugal rights.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hindu Rites & Rituals: The Ceremonies of Hinduism
- An overview of the ritual world of Hinduism, from personal daily worship or 'Puja' to rites of passage or 'Samskaras' from birth till death...
- Heart of Hinduism: Samskaras: Rites of Passage
- Hindu rites of passage are not mere formalities or social observances, but serve to purify the soul at critical junctions in life's journey.
- Hinduism Rites and Ceremonies
- Many Hindu rites and ceremonies take place in a temple setting and are directed toward Virtually every aspect of Hindu life, in fact, is marked by ritual actions.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.