Hindu Sacred Place
A selection of articles related to hindu sacred place.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Sacred Place. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Sacred Place.
- Rituals, invocations and sacred space
- "There is a single main definition of the object of all magickal Ritual. It is the uniting of the Microcosm with the Macrocosm. The Supreme and Complete Ritual is therefore the Invocation of the Holy Guardian Angel; or, in the language of the Mysticism,...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Everyday is Sacred
- Throughout history, people of nature religions found something sacred everywhere they looked. There was no clear-cut boundary between what was religious and what was not, what was magical and what was not. Examples of this can be found all over Europe, where...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Sacred Space: Circles and Altars
- The magic circle or sphere is a well-defined, non-physical temple. There are two main types -- those used by ceremonial magicians are designed to protect the magician from the forces he or she raises. Our circles are used to create sacred space to commune...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Love and Clarity
- Literally any state of mind may be created or enhanced within. It is commonly assumed that our thoughts and feelings are difficult, if not impossible, to change at will. But this is not so. The meditator soon realizes that it is they who are primarily...
Mind >> Telepathy and Group Mind
- In Nomine Babalon: Sacred Whoredom in a Thelemic Context
- Naked and trembling, pressed against my bare body, he whispered into my hair, "can I kiss you?" Instead of answering with words, I turned my face up to him. When our lips met, it felt as if some part of him opened up around me like a cocoon. I...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
Hindu Sacred Place is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Sacred Place books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Layout of Sacred Places
- Banaras Hindu University. Varanasi, UP 221005. India.
- American Geographical Society
- the sacred geometry of Vijayanagar (1993).
- Hindu Holy Place Altered by Technology
- Hindu Holy Place Altered by Technology, Development, Pollution first published in Religion News Service. May 19, 2005.
Suggested News Resources
- Pilgrims progress: 'Smiling Buddha' of a different kind, not of Pokhran
- Here there is an important Hindu sacred place, a temple known as Vishnupada Mandir famous for its Vishnupada (foot-print of Lord Vishnu).
Suggested Web Resources
- Hinduism - Sacred Space
- Indeed, in an important sense the entirety of India is understood to be a sacred space.
- List of significant religious sites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Indian city of Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh is said to be the most holy city in Hinduism.
- Sacred sites of the Indian sub-continent - Wikitravel
- As the birthplace of several world religions, the Indian sub-continent is home to countless sacred and holy sites.
- Hindu Temples - Hindu Temples of the World - Sacred Destinations
- Hindu Temples: Illustrated index of hindu temples profiled on Sacred Destinations.
- tirtha (Hindu sacred place) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
- tirtha (Hindu sacred place), in Hinduism, a holy river, mountain, or other place made sacred through association with a deity or saint.
Hindu Sacred Place Topics
Related searchesdream interpretation bunk bed
vision therapy history
voiced alveolar lateral approximant
cuisine of the central african republic
vedic hand analysis