Hindu Sacred Text
A selection of articles related to hindu sacred text.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Sacred Text. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Sacred Text.
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Rituals, invocations and sacred space
- "There is a single main definition of the object of all magickal Ritual. It is the uniting of the Microcosm with the Macrocosm. The Supreme and Complete Ritual is therefore the Invocation of the Holy Guardian Angel; or, in the language of the Mysticism,...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Everyday is Sacred
- Throughout history, people of nature religions found something sacred everywhere they looked. There was no clear-cut boundary between what was religious and what was not, what was magical and what was not. Examples of this can be found all over Europe, where...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Sacred Space: Circles and Altars
- The magic circle or sphere is a well-defined, non-physical temple. There are two main types -- those used by ceremonial magicians are designed to protect the magician from the forces he or she raises. Our circles are used to create sacred space to commune...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- In Nomine Babalon: Sacred Whoredom in a Thelemic Context
- Naked and trembling, pressed against my bare body, he whispered into my hair, "can I kiss you?" Instead of answering with words, I turned my face up to him. When our lips met, it felt as if some part of him opened up around me like a cocoon. I...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
Hindu Sacred Text is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Sacred Text books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- India's Sacred Cow by Marvin Harris
- The earliest Vedas, the Hindu sacred texts from the Second Millennium B.C., do not prohibit the slaughter of cattle.
- "HINDUISM" The Religious Dimension of Indian Culture Professor
- Hindu tradition traces its origins to the coming of "the Aryans," an Indo-European people These beliefs and practices are seen in sacred texts called the Vedas.
- Lesson Plan 1-1
- Vedas – the most ancient holy texts in Hinduism; originally chanted, not written down.
- What is Hinduism?
- sacred texts (Vedas) social stratification (caste system). Upanishads ( metaphysical philosophy) 2800 ². 2400 years ago.
- Hinduism - the Hindu Religious & Cultural Center, Morgantown
- The authors and dates of most Hindu sacred texts are unknown.
Suggested News Resources
- India's Sensual Past
- The Rig Veda, India's earliest Hindu sacred text, written around 1500 BC, “revels in the language of both pleasure and fertility.
Suggested Web Resources
- Sacred-Texts: Hinduism
- H.H. Wilson was one of the first Europeans to translate a Hindu sacred text from the original Sanskrit.
- Hindu texts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Vedas constituting the former category are considered sacred texts or scripture by many followers of Hindu religion.
- Hindu Sacred Texts - ReligionFacts
- Mar 17, 2004 Complete guide to the Hindu religion, including fast facts, timeline, history, beliefs , gods and more.
- The Sacred Texts of the Hindus
- The world's oldest scriptures and the longest epic poems are among the sacred texts of the Hindus. A brief introduction to the basic scriptures of Hinduism.
- Information on Hinduism for Kids
- The word "Hindu" comes from the name of the river Indus, which flows 1800 .
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Hindu Sacred Text Topics
Related searchesnasikagra drishti
friendship non-personal friendships
hypotonia developmental delay
fahrenheit 451 character analysis