A selection of articles related to hindu sages.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Sages. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Sages.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- About Alchemy
- "The science of alchemy I like very well, and indeed, 'tis the philosophy of the ancients. I like it not only for the profits it brings in melting metals, in decocting, preparing, extracting and distilling herbs, roots; I like it also for the sake of the...
Mystic Sciences >> Alchemy
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Nipping Trouble in the Bud: Community and Child Custody Issues Affecting Heathens
- I suggest there are several ways to deal with religious issues, particularly as they affect child custody, getting along with neighbors, etc. One is to be open and honest unless you are in an area so benighted as to be putting yourself and your loved ones in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Hindu Sages is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Sages books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- ASANA NAMES AND HINDU GODS AND SAGES
- ASANA NAMES AND HINDU GODS AND SAGES. By Richard Rosen. Traditional yoga manuals didn't name asanas after deities or sages.
- Our Great Sages - Hindu Heritage Society
- (modern science) The sages who shaped the Hindu religion merely reiterated the knowledge of the Vedas. Hindu Scriptures. Vedas (4).
- Women in Hindu Dharma- a Tribute
- 9 of other 19 books are also attributed to women sages. 10 . 1 It is a Hindu tradition to address women before men in a group, out of reverence for the former .
- H. D. Vinod, Fordham University Economics Department, Fordham
- times. An appeal of Hinduism is its absence of dogma and ability to evolve over time.
Suggested News Resources
- Beyond objective reality
- Revered Hindu sages could overcome the cycle of birth and death and perform intricate penances to appease their favorite deities. The wisdom thus acquired was the blessing of the supreme rather than personal achievements.
- Anna's India: Why a sob story works better than logic
- This ideal of the ascetic has come to us through the tales of Hindu sages and their fierce penances that mortify the flesh; equally, there are the stirring tales of the Buddha and his tapas.
- Gyanendra's utility
- Similarly, neither Kamal Thapa nor Khum Bahadur Khadka give the impression of being Hindu sages. Kamal Thapa's RPP-N would have no distinctive political agenda if it gave up its demand for a Hindu state with constitutional monarchy.
Suggested Web Resources
- Category:Hindu sages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pages in category "Hindu sages". The following 79 pages are in this category, out of 79 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Great Hindu Sages - वेद Veda
- Shri Ramana Maharshi (1879 –1950) was probably the most famous Indian sage of the twentieth century.
- What is th name for a Hindu sage or saint
- What is the name for a hindu sage or saint? rishi. What is a name of a Hindu saint ?
- Hindu sages, Indian sages, SaptaRishis, Munis, Hrishis names
- Hindu sages, Indian sages, SaptaRishis, Munis, Hrishis names.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Hindu Sages Topics
Related searchespsittacosis symptoms
triskelion sicilian triskelion
charles manson possible motive