A selection of articles related to hindu sects.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Sects. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Sects.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Our rune for this month is known in reconstructed Common Germanic as *Wunjo, and is used for the sound represented by the English letter W. After the Anglo-Saxons began to write with a modified form of Roman Script (the letters being used to write this...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Hindu Sects is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Sects books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Within the Mahabharata is the. Bhagavad-Gita (Song of the Lord), which tells of the Krishna mythology.
- Sects and Hindu social structure
- This article analyses the phenomenon of sect in Hindu society through empirical .
- Hinduism - Issues for Sport & Physical Activity
- Although the Hindu sects are primarily monotheistic they recognise that “God is one, but also many,” and that man/woman is also divine in nature.
- INDIAN SOCIETY: SYNCRETIC CULTURE, MIXED HERITAGE
- the elite and power centres of the society. These Sufis were close to Christians and Jew mystics and the spirituality of some Hindu sects.
Suggested News Resources
- Udaipur all set to chant Ganpati Bappa Moriya
- Ganesha, the famed god of fortuity is highly respected in all Hindu sects and communities. Ganesha Chaturthi is the day when Lord Ganesha, the son of Lord Shiva and Parvati was born.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hindu denominations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Hinduism comprises numerous sects or denominations. The denominations are roughly comparable to different religions.
- Hindu Sects
- Hindu Sects. All religions, including Hinduism, have sects.
- Hindu Sects and Schools - ReligionFacts
- Feb 17, 2005 Complete guide to the four devotional sects of Hinduism and the six Hindu philosophical schools.
- Sects of Hinduism
- This page describes the various cults or sects of Hinduism, namely Saivism, Vaishnavism and Shaktism.
- Hinduism Schisms, Sects
- Hinduism encompasses a number of major sects, as well as countless subsects with local or regional variations.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.