A selection of articles related to hindu sects.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Sects. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Sects.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Our rune for this month is known in reconstructed Common Germanic as *Wunjo, and is used for the sound represented by the English letter W. After the Anglo-Saxons began to write with a modified form of Roman Script (the letters being used to write this...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Hindu Sects is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Sects books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- What would a Hindu justice mean for the Supreme Court?
- And across the vast spectrum of sects among the world's 1 billion Hindus, even the texts themselves vary. “There isn't a Hindu Bible. There are multiple texts, depending on the tradition,” said Shana Sippy, a Carleton College instructor who wrote her ...
- Hot footing it to raise cash in Leeds
- Firewalking is practised by many religious sects, such as Japanese Taoists and Buddhists, Eastern Orthodox Christians and Hindu Indians. To sign up, visit www.leeds.
- Interview: Farahnaz Ispahani
- Reflecting his secular views, Jinnah – himself a Shia – nominated a Hindu, several Shias and an Ahmadi to Pakistan's first cabinet. Today, non-Muslim representation at the Cabinet level is limited to symbolic appointments.
Hindu Sects Topics
coulometry potentiostatic coulometry
casting expendable mold casting
pete rose records and achievements
vail colorado points of interest