A selection of articles related to hindu superstitions.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Superstitions. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Superstitions.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- A Quick Guide to Reading Ordinary Playing Cards
- Divining from regular playing cards is an old practice and I am sure many of us know at least one fortune-telling game done with this tool. Reading regular cards is called cartomancy or metasymbology. Playing cards have been called "The Devil's Picture...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Hindu Superstitions is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Superstitions books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- INDIAN SUPERSTITION
- INDIAN SUPERSTITION. The Indians were superstitious in the extreme – believers in dreams and observers of omens.
- Introduction and Apologetic for Hinduism and Buddhism
- differ. Hundreds of sects created by caste, geography, belief, and language lead outsiders to view Hinduism as a chaos of strange rituals and superstitions.
- pictured wearing a necklace of skulls, are popular among Hindus. Belief in astrology, evil spirits, and curses also prevail within popular Hinduism.
- Globalisation and the Prevalence of Superstitious Beliefs
- have least belief in superstitions, Muslims having the most and Hindus coming in between them.
- Focus Banjara Hindu
- They are bound by fear and witchcraft because of the superstitions that controls their lifestyle. INDIA. THE BANJARA HINDU.
Suggested News Resources
- Iconoclast Swami
- I quote one famous passage on the then familiar efforts to prove that all Hindu superstitions had a scientific explanation: Gurgure Krishnabyal Bhattacharya is a great scholar.
Suggested Web Resources
- Indian/Hindu Rituals & Superstitions - Pakistani Defence Forum
- Indian/Hindu Rituals & Superstitions, Sights and sounds from India's culture. Rating 5 This post exposes superstitions found in Indian society.
- The Hindu : `Bare' facts about superstition
- Apr 25, 2002 `Bare' facts about superstition. By Our Staff Reporter. Vijayawada April 24.
- Silly Hindu superstitions | Facebook
- Jun 6, 2011 Religion Sucks wrote a note titled Silly Hindu superstitions. Read the full text here .
- Wedding Traditions & Superstitions: 50 Wedding Facts & Trivia
- See our list of wedding facts, traditions and superstitions from TheKnot.com. your wedding day is actually considered good luck, according to Hindu tradition!
Hindu Superstitions Topics
Related searchesester naming of esters
contortion types of performances
soybean cyst nematode
list of people from bihar