A selection of articles related to hindu symbol.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Symbol. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Symbol.
- The Four Symbols of Usui Reiki Ryoho
- " It is not God's will merely that we should be happy, but that we should make ourselves happy." Immanuel Kant According to many traditional teachers the Reiki symbols are sacred and therefore secret and should only be seen by insiders, meaning...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Sneezing: A Symptom or A Symbol?
- "One sneeze, a wish Two sneezes, a kiss Three sneezes, a disappointment Four sneezes, a letter" As my household has spent the past two weeks fighting the fall version of the pit plague crud, in between the God Bless You's and doses of cough medicine,...
Mystic Sciences >> Symbology
- About Reiki Symbols
- "Instead of seeking many other medicines to cure their illness, I wish people would always honor their own body's healing ability and take good care of themselves." Meiji Emperor A symbol is a communication element intended to simply represent or...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- Religious Tolerance In Springfield and the Greenleaf Coven
- Religious intolerance is alive and well in Springfield Missouri. The question is, to what degree, and in the terminology of "The Burning Times", how high are the flames? In 1999, the court case of Jean Webb vs. The City of Republic was a headliner...
Paganism & Wicca >> True Stories
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
Hindu Symbol is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Symbol books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A Unit on Hindu symbolism in Indian art
- 1. Allyson Montana. 2008 Fulbright-Hays in India.
- OHM Symbol
- OHM Symbol. The Absolute.
- RELIGION Fast Facts
- Another significant Hindu symbol is the swastika, which is found all over Hindu temples, signs, altars, pictures and iconography in India and Nepal.
- THE STUPA IN INDIAN ART: SYMBOLS AND THE SYMBOLIC
- axis.2 The stupa is itself symbol and symbolic, redolent of a Buddhist/Hindu worldview that may be difficult to articulate in Western terms.
- Cultural Diversity
- The Aum is considered the most important Hindu symbol and is chanted at the beginning of many prayers and rituals.
Suggested News Resources
- A real-life 'Springtime for Hitler' from India?
- The swastika, known in the West as a symbol of Nazism, is an ancient Hindu symbol of good luck charged with quite different connotations for many Indians.
- Moon girls experiment with tattoos -- of the temporary kind
- So she picked what she thought was an Egyptian Ankh, a symbol of life, only to find out later that she had picked a Hindu symbol, which, she said, was still cool. Dalina likes the temporary tattoos, not real ones. "Because I can't get it off.
Suggested Web Resources
- Heart of Hinduism: Hindu Symbols
- Aum, also written "Om" and called pranava, is the most important Hindu symbol.
- Hindu Symbols - ReligionFacts
- Apr 17, 2004 Guide to the meaning and use of Hindu symbols, including Aum, the swastika, and the lotus.
- Swastika - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The swastika is one of the 108 symbols of Hindu deity Vishnu and represents the Sun's rays, upon which life depends.
- Om or Aum: Hindu Symbol of the Absolute
- Om or Aum is of paramount importance in Hinduism.
- Hindu Wisdom - Symbolism in Hinduism
- Hinduism is often labeled as a religion of 330 million gods. This misunderstanding arises when people fail to grasp the symbolism of the Hindu pantheon.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.