A selection of articles related to hindu terms.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Terms. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Terms.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Hawke, Elen: British Author
- Elen Hawke is an author, artist and British witch from Oxford, England with many years experience both living and teaching the Craft. She is a Craft elder, a Wiccan initiate, and a professional astrologer and tarot reader, as well as being a working...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Persephone - An Intutitive View
- Persephone is a Goddess whose history has been mainly inferred from ancient mythological placement of her as Demeter’s daughter and Hades wife. She has rarely been addressed outside of the context of her connection to these two more infamous individuals....
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Hindu Terms is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Terms books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Hindu Gods. ■ Nature of Human Beings. ■ Hindu Worship.
- Sanskrit Pronunciation -- Part 2
- sary: San skrit Philosophical Terms (Pasadena: Theosophical. University Press, 1975). Āśrama — a hermitage, or one of the four stages of Hindu religious life.
- Beliefs Made Visible Text.indd
- The Buddha Image. • The Visual Language of Buddhist Art. 84.
- A Lightweight Stemmer for Hindi
- mer for Hindi, which conflates terms by suffix removal. The proposed stem- mer is both computationally inexpensive and domain independent.
- Words for Grace in Hinduism
- Words for Grace in Hinduism. Winfried Corduan. Professor of Philosophy and Religion.
Suggested News Resources
- Love of God unites many
- There are other personal gods and most readers are familiar with the Hindu terms karma and reincarnation. In Nepal, I visited one of the holiest Hindu temples in the world, Pashupatinath.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hinduism Glossary
- A term Hinduism borrowed from Jainism. Ashram: (1) A place where devotees live, often the house of a guru.
- Glossary of Hinduism terms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The following is a glossary of terms and concepts in Hinduism.
- Glossary of Hindu Terms
- Here is a glossary of Sanskrit terms generally used in Hindu teachings. Click on the alphabetical list below to view the words and meanings.
- Hindu Terms - वेद Veda
- a term referring to all or any of numerous codes of Hindu civil and social law composed by various authors.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Hindu Terms Topics
modern indian coins
king henry viii
east melanesian islands