A selection of articles related to hindu worship.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Worship. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Worship.
- Renewal, Worship, Cocoa and Home
- from the valley floor i watch as the first green-gold rays a hint of glory to come burst victoriously from behind blue mountains capped with blinding white in the distance dim and barely heard the crow of a rooster lowing of cattle snowbirds begin their daily...
Poetry & Fable >> Poetry
- Worshipping a god or goddess in fact is paying homage to the great shining light at the core of your being. You acknowledge that there is more than everyday reality and honor it. The various godheads are different 'gestalts', energy beings, or facets of the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, 4:2 (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,) 4:3 He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee. 4:4 And he must...
New Testament >> John
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Hindu Worship is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Worship books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The home shrine room, “my friend Lord Ganesha,” visiting a temple
- Love and joy come to hindu families who worship God in their home through the traditional cere mony known as puja, meaning adoration or worship.
- Hindu worship in the home Puja and Arti Compiled by: Pamel
- Hindu worship in the home. This presentation is provided as a stimulus to contribute towards helping pupils in Key Stage.
- Hindu Worship Society Temple
- Hindu Worship Society Temple. 2223 Wirtcrest Lane. Houston, TX 77055.
- WORSHIP - THE HINDU WAY
- WORSHIP - THE HINDU WAY. The following article is compiled from series of articles that appeared in the Sai. Vichaar Newsletter (www.s
- ANN DAVID London, United Kingdom "PERFORMING FAITH
- "PERFORMING FAITH": DANCE IN CURRENT HINDU WORSHIP IN THE UK.
Suggested News Resources
- Duke University hires its first Hindu chaplain
- She has been leading Hindu worship services in the Triangle area and received the 2009 Kathryn Wallace Award in Community Service from the Triangle Community Foundation, a university statement said.
- Duke Has First Hindu Chaplain In School's History
- Rajagopalan leads Hindu worship services in the Triangle area and has degrees from the University of Maryland and a university in India. She said her goal as chaplain is to deepen students' understanding of their lives while pursuing their educations.
- 4 Yoga Asanas and Their Benefits
- Surya Namaskara: Surya Namaskar has its origins in Hindu worship of the solar deity. There are twelve poses in the Surya Namaskar series, and a full round consists of performing two sets of this series.
- BRIEF: Annual Festival of India this weekend in Sylvania
- Aug 13, 2011 (The Blade - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services via COMTEX) -- Hindu worship services are among the highlights of the 22nd Annual Festival of India, being held this weekend at the Hindu Temple and Heritage Hall, 4336 King Rd.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hinduism--Time and Worship
- Daily worship in Hinduism usually takes place in three different places: in the The home of a religiously observant hindu is the location of two types of worship.
- Heart of Hinduism: Worship
- Hindu worship encompasses a broad range of activities, including even dance and drama (see Expressions of Faith).
- Puja | Where Do Hindus Worship?
- How are sculptures of deities used in Hindu worship? Why are offerings given to images of the deities? Why do the deities have multiple arms and heads?
- Spirituality, Hinduism, Worship
- Hindu worship (puja) involves images of god/goddesses (murtis), prayers and chanting of mantras and use of diagrams of the universe known as yantras.