A selection of articles related to hindu worship.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu Worship. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu Worship.
- Worshipping a god or goddess in fact is paying homage to the great shining light at the core of your being. You acknowledge that there is more than everyday reality and honor it. The various godheads are different 'gestalts', energy beings, or facets of the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
- Renewal, Worship, Cocoa and Home
- from the valley floor i watch as the first green-gold rays a hint of glory to come burst victoriously from behind blue mountains capped with blinding white in the distance dim and barely heard the crow of a rooster lowing of cattle snowbirds begin their daily...
Poetry & Fable >> Poetry
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, 4:2 (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,) 4:3 He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee. 4:4 And he must...
New Testament >> John
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Hindu Worship is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu Worship books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Hindu Radicals Beat 60 Christians Worshiping at Pentecostal Church, Strip
- A group of Hindu radicals in India's Chhattisgarh state reportedly attacked and beat 60 Christians worshiping at a Pentecostal church on Sunday, only a week after the Indian government denied visas to a U.S. Commission investigating religious freedom ...
- Jesus Christ was a Tamil Hindu, worshipped Lord Shiva: RSS co-founder's book
- He worshipped Lord Shiva there for three years and achieved 'darshan' of Shiva. Christ was 49 years old when he decided to leave his physical body. He sat in a yogic posture and went into deep samadhi.
- Vestige of ancient cult
- Worship of female power as Sakti/Durga (Kotravai), dates back several centuries, Tamil literature, including Silappadikaram having references. That Kannagi, heroine of the epic is herself worshipped, is another story.
- A communal meal
- The basic formalities are the same as in most places of worship. The footwear is removed and the feet cleaned by dipping them into a small moat of running water before entering the prayer hall. The air-conditioned hall emanated a sense of calm.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Hindu Worship Topics
Related searchesxia philosophy
zeno of citium quotes attributed
how to read tarot card
history of dream theater notes