A selection of articles related to hindu.
Original articles from our library related to the Hindu. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hindu.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Nipping Trouble in the Bud: Community and Child Custody Issues Affecting Heathens
- I suggest there are several ways to deal with religious issues, particularly as they affect child custody, getting along with neighbors, etc. One is to be open and honest unless you are in an area so benighted as to be putting yourself and your loved ones in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Reincarnation is in my opinion an overly simplified concept, designed to be easily understood and accepted by the general population. But the theory of reincarnation falls down sharply when closely examined. That is, if you understand how standard linear time...
Spirits >> Reincarnation
Hindu is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hindu books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Hindu Diaspora and Religious Philanthropy in the United States
- Representatives of various Hindu temples and religious movements, some of whom Chapter 4: The Call of the Spires: Hindu Temples in the United States.
- Hindu Prayer Book.qxd
- Hindus believe that the purification of the mind and spirit is even more important than the Yagya is one of the most significant forms of Hindu act of worship.
Suggested News Resources
- Silicon Valley Scion Tackles Hollywood
- By MICHAEL CIEPLY and BROOKS BARNES LOS ANGELES — Annapurna, a Hindu goddess of nourishment, has her name on a section of the Himalayas. Annapurna Pictures operates from a cluster of three multimillion-dollar homes in the Hollywood Hills.
- Indian maharaja accused of stealing gold from £14 billion Hindu treasure trove
- An Indian maharaja has been accused of stealing gold from what is believed to be the world's greatest treasure trove discovered in an ancient Hindu temple earlier this year.
- Khap panchayats reiterate amendment in Hindu Marriage Act
- ROHTAK: Though the khap panchayats vow to strengthen the movement against corruption, they were not ready to shed taboos and reiterated their demand for amendment in the Hindu Marriage Act.
- $7m Hindu temple planned in Florida
- A $7 million Hindu temple called Manav Mandir has reportedly been planned for Suntree in Florida (USA).
- Lakme: Opera review
- Here, Mark Thompson has camouflaged the main setpiece, a Hindu temple in the Indian jungle, craftily obscuring it in Act II behind a bustling bazaar and behind a low bamboo screen in Act III.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Hindu
- The Hindu has a new and redesigned website at http://www.thehindu.com.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesimperial ruler
bungie studios history
kriya yoga technique
medieval literature religious