- May 6, 2008 Learn what function the hippocampus serves in the brain.
- The hippocampus is located in the medial temporal lobe of the brain. The hippocampus is a major component of the brains of humans and other mammals.
- HIPPOCAMPUS KUDA, a proving of sea horse
- The sea horse is called Hippocampus, a Greek word meaning "horse monster.
- The Hippocampus, Memory, Review and Place Cells: Is It Spatial
- by the hippocampus has proved a formidable challenge. account and offer an in human patients following removal of the hippocampus.
- Gimme that old-mind religion?
- Duke University analyst Cynthia Key points to a computerized brain image for Duke psychiatry professor Martha Payne, whose research compared the size of the hippocampus - a brain organ integral to memory retention - and subjects' religious affiliation.
- Hyper hippocampus fuels schizophrenia?
- The hippocampus is also hyperactive. Grace's research shows that this hippocampal hyperactivity probably causes the dopamine system to go into overdrive.
- 'Time Cells' Weave Events Into Memories
- New research shows that during these gaps, neurons in a part of the brain called the hippocampus encode each "empty" moment as precisely as the surrounding events, allowing the brain to make detailed representations of time.
- Rat Study Shows How Memories Are Imprinted
- Researchers studied the components of memory by recording how neurons fire in the hippocampus of rats as they are introduced to new activities. As in humans, brain activation in rats is seen in particular locations called “place cells.
- Brains that can't grow new neurons are vulnerable to depression
- The idea goes back to a 2000 study in the Journal of Neuroscience that found that rats who took antidepressants grew new neurons in a part of the brain called the hippocampus, which is particularly vulnerable to stress.
- HippoCampus - Homework and Study Help - Free help with your
- The best multimedia instruction on the web to help you with your homework and study.
- Hippocampus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The hippocampus is a major component of the brains of humans and other mammals.
- The hippocampus is the part of the brain that is involved in memory forming, organizing, and storing.
- hippocampus - Memory Loss & the Brain
- It is sometimes grouped with other nearby structures including the dentate gyrus and called the "hippocampal formation.
Hippocampus is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hippocampus books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
vincent van gogh notable works
angels and demons main characters
diminishing marginal returns
ehrlichiosis transmission or cause
sheepshead how to play