- Celebrate with colours
- A well known one is about King Hiranyakashipu who wanted to avenge the death of his brother, Hiranyaksha, who was killed by Lord Vishnu, the protector. Hiranyakashipu wanted no one in his regime to pray. What he did not know was that while the whole ...
- Cultural Smarts & International Etiquette: India's Hindu Holi Festival!
- This legend holds that the demon king Hiranyakashipu forbade his son Prahlada from worshiping the God Vishnu, but when Prahlada continued, he became furious. Hiranyakashipu challenged Prahlada to sit on a burning pyre with his aunt Holika, who was ...
- Festival of Colours brings unity and joy
- An enraged Hiranyakashipu challenged Prahlad to sit on a pyre with his wicked aunt Holika who was believed to be immune to fire. (In an alternate version, Holika put herself and Prahlad on the fire on orders from her brother.
- Is Mahishasur really a villain?
- And for this purpose, characters like Ravan, Shurpanaka, Mahishasur, Putna and Hiranyakashipu are admirably suited. Whether or not they existed, they provide us with excellent templates. While the deities highlight the advantages of virtues, the demons ...
- 10 Places You Have To See in March (PHOTOS) | The Weather Channel
- The arrival of spring also means that the festival of Holi, for the victory of Krishna over the demon Hiranyakashipu, will be the celebrated across the northern part of the country.
Hiranya Kashipu is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hiranya Kashipu books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Hiranya Kashipu Topics
Related searchesvocoder how a vocoder works
riot control police
co-trimoxazole clinical indications
oldboy controversy over zinda