- Experiment well executed
- Keeping in tune with the gentle style, Leelamma's Hiranyakasipu was aggressive in a subtle way. Seeing Prahlada praying to Narayana, he asks the son to recite his name instead. When the boy does not heed him, Hiranyakasipu gets angry and challenges ...
- Hindu Heroes, Savored Through Fantastical Masks at the Met
- It's a short step from religious ritual to theater, and barely any distance at all in the case of certain popular Hindu dramas of southern India.
- THE HINDU TRINITY
- VARAH (BOAR): After the demon Hiranyakasipu plunged the earth into the ocean, Vishnu, in the form of boar, hoisted the world above water. NARASIMHA (MAN-LION): In order to destroy another demon, Vishnu became half-man, half-lion. This was because ...
- A cultural melange
- It narrated the story post annihilation of Hiranyakasipu by Vishnu appearing in the incarnation of lion-faced Narasimha who later moved into forests where he gets enchanted by Chenchulakshmi, who tries to calm him down.
- Chenchulakshmi (1958)
- The Story: Ever since Lord Vishnu killed Hiranyaksha, donning Varaha avatar, his brother Hiranyakasipu hates Vishnu and made him leave his abode Vaikuntha after getting a boon from Lord Brahma that he will not be killed by either weapon, man, demon or ...
Hiranyakasipu is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hiranyakasipu books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchescanada aboriginal peoples
pyrimethamine mechanism of action