A selection of articles related to hispaniola.
Original articles from our library related to the Hispaniola. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hispaniola.
- History of Voodoo
- The notoriously perceived notion of Voodoo as practiced in the western world is that of grotesquely molded wax dolls with pins sticking out of them. Let's look deeper than that!
Parapsychology >> Spirits
Hispaniola is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hispaniola books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Hispaniola's Second Chance
- 1. Volume XIV, Issue 5. June15, 2006.
- Hispaniola History
- Hispaniola's earliest inhabitants called their island Quisqueya – 'cradle of life.
- Ecological Relationship of Two Todies in Hispaniola: Effects of
- The Condor 98:169-719. 0 The Cooper Ornithological Society 1996.
Suggested News Resources
- Weather Blog: Tropical Storm Irene Threatens Hispaniola
- Irene's inner core could be interrupted by the high terrain of Hispaniola. Current storm track predictions by the National hurricane center have Irene tracking through the heart of this Caribbean Island or just a little North of center.
- Irene Near Hispaniola
- It looked like Haiti had been spared the worst of the rainfall, but there was more headed for them. It could be heavy this afternoon before the storm starts to pull away. After Hispaniola the storm will move towards the northwest as a major hurricane.
- Emily dissolves over Hispaniola
- Though the storm dissipated, the National Hurricane Center said heavy rains over the island of Hispaniola could still produce potentially deadly floods and mud slides, particularly in Haiti.
- Operations in Haiti Suspended Due to Storm
- Tropical storm Irene is expected to make landfall in the vicinity of Hispaniola between Aug. 22-23.
- Island of Hispaniola Struggles to Control HIV
- The island of Hispaniola, which the Dominican Republic shares with Haiti, has the highest HIV rates in the world outside of sub-Saharan Africa, according to the United Nations.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hispaniola - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Hispaniola (Spanish: La Española) is a major island in the Caribbean, containing the two sovereign states of the Dominican Republic and Haiti.
- Guide including hotels, outdoor activities, adventure tours and maps.
- Hispaniola - World Atlas
- map of barbados, one of the world's premier vacation destinations - Worldatlas. com.
- Learning Spanish with Hispaniola school is easy. Accommodation, fun and good time provided.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesdune lithified dunes
central sun of our galaxy
list of programs broadcast by abc