A selection of articles related to historical background.
Original articles from our library related to the Historical Background. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Historical Background.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- The Case of Ted Owens (The PK Man)
- The principal concern of most readers will be whether the evidence in the Ted Owens case, as presented by Dr. Mishlove, is true beyond a reasonable doubt. Were this case the only case open to investigation it might well be considered beyond the pale of...
>> Psychic Abilities
Historical Background is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Historical Background books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Happy Birthday Modern-Day Hungary! – Historical Background Of The March 15
- Hungary has a long but troublesome history indeed and most of the national holidays are linked to rather tragic memories, the ancestors' heroic but failed attempts to reclaim the nation's right for self-governance.
- Russia's Foreign Policy: Historical Background
- I'd like to use this opportunity to express some of my views and to back them with examples from history and historical parallels. It is an established fact that a substantiated policy is impossible without reliance on history.
- Kyiv-Ankara-Istanbul: historical background
- To fully understand the correlation of forces in the complex political, military, and diplomatic game which we are seeing unfolding in the Middle East, the Black and Mediterranean Seas, the Balkans and the Caucasus, we should recall the lessons of history.
- The Background Of 'Downton Abbey' Highclere Castle And The Historical Advisor
- Though Highclere Castle was a fixture in England before Downton Abbey premiered, and Highclere Castle should be around for years to come, what do fans really know about the estate and the history surrounding the period of time when Downton Abbey ...
- Ibrahimi Mosque faces fierce Judaization, Historical background
- Since 1967, the Mosque, also known as Al-Haram Al-Ibrahimi, has been encountering fierce Israeli attempts to distort and steal its cultural background.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Historical Background Topics
Related searchesprocess-oriented psychotherapy
criticisms of communism references