Historical Comparative Linguistics
A selection of articles related to historical comparative linguistics.
Original articles from our library related to the Historical Comparative Linguistics. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Historical Comparative Linguistics.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Who Were the Celts?
- The Celts were a group of people that occupied lands stretching from the British Isles to Galatia. The Celts had many dealings with other cultures that bordered the lands occupied by these people, and even though there is no written record of the Celts...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Historical Comparative Linguistics is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Historical Comparative Linguistics books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Historical and Comparative Linguistics
- Handbook of cognitive linguistics and second language acquisition. Lawrence Erlbaum. Press.
- Linguistics 470 Historical/Comparative Linguistics Fall 2007
- Historical/Comparative Linguistics. Fall 2007. Prerequisites: U: Jr.
- 1 Humboldt-Kolleg Die vergleichende Sprachwissenschaft im 21
- Humboldt-Kolleg. Die vergleichende Sprachwissenschaft im 21. Jahrhundert.
- Dipartimento di Linguistica Teorica e Applicata Die vergleichende
- Dipartimento di Linguistica Teorica e Applicata. Humboldt-Kolleg. Die vergleichende Sprachwissenschaft im 21.
Suggested News Resources
- Study counters 'cradle of language' theory
- The research is backed by the QUANTHISTLING ('Quantitative modelling of historical-comparative linguistics') project, which is funded by a European Research Council (ERC) Starting Grant worth EUR 1.