A selection of articles related to historical figures.
Original articles from our library related to the Historical Figures. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Historical Figures.
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
- Archetypal Astrology
- Jungian Psychology | Archetypal Astrology | The Myths The Horoscope What is below is like what is above. And what is above is like what is below, so that the miracle of the One may be accomplished. -Tabula Smaragdina This is not an explanation of all the...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Who Were the Celts?
- The Celts were a group of people that occupied lands stretching from the British Isles to Galatia. The Celts had many dealings with other cultures that bordered the lands occupied by these people, and even though there is no written record of the Celts...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Historical Figures is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Historical Figures books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- HMONG HISTORICAL FIGURES PRESENTATION
- King Chi You is an ancient hero of the Hmong people in China. King Chi You, along with Huang Di and Yan.
- Major Historical Figures in Educational Psychology Edward L
- Major Historical Figures in Educational Psychology. Edward L. Thorndike (1874- 1949) is sometimes called the “father of educational psychology.
- Some Colorful Historical Figures
- Some Colorful Historical Figures. Developing Calculus. • Isaac Newton (1643- 1727) dreamed up calculus to solve problems about moving particles.
- Dining with Historical Figures
- Date: Dining with Historical Figures. Think of all the interesting people you have learned about in history. What if you could invite anyone from the past to dinner?
- HISTORICAL FIGURES IN SOCIAL STUDIES TEKS DRAFT ONE
- Jul 31, 2009 BE TAUGHT). Kindergarten. George Washington.
Suggested News Resources
- Sideline Chatter All of a sudden, Ozzie Guillen doesn't seem so bad
- Some motivational speeches from historical figures posing as coaches, from DJ...
- University of Maryland launches beehive project in city cemetery
- By Timothy B. Wheeler, The Baltimore Sun An overgrown graveyard downtown, where some of Baltimore's early historical figures rest in walled isolation, buzzes now with new life. Just inside the locked gate of Old St.
- Executive Producer Jon Cassar talks The Kennedys
- But its greatest assets are the outstanding performances by the actors playing these iconic historical figures.
- TWE Remembers: The Kellogg-Briand Pact
- Some of those winners are well-known historical figures: Teddy Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, Henry Kissinger, Jimmy Carter, and Barack Obama to name the most obvious.
- Doctor Who, Let's Kill Hitler, BBC One, review
- The show is fond of dropping in historical figures these days. Shakespeare, Dickens, Van Gogh, Queen Victoria, Louis XV, Nixon and Churchill have all popped up since the series was rebooted six years ago.
Suggested Web Resources
- Women in History - Historic Figures
- Historical Figures. denotes Ohio figure. Women in History.
- BBC - History: Historical Figures
- Explore an A-Z of selected concise biographies which depict famous and notable historical figures.
- Historical Figures in American History - Important People
- Read about the fascinating people and historical figures that have helped shape American History including details about each president and more.
- The 5 Historical Figures Who Died The Weirdest Deaths | Cracked
- Apr 17, 2008 These are five historical figures who died deaths that would make sure their names were written just a little bit bigger in the history books.
- 10 Scandalous Facts About Historical Figures
- May 26, 2009 Top 10 Lists: History tends to hide the ufortunate and unmentionable facts relating to people that become heroic or famous.
Historical Figures Topics
negros oriental history
horatio gates revolutionary war
happy tree friends flippy
enlightenment art dictionary
commonwealth games opening ceremony traditions