A selection of articles related to historical jesus.
Original articles from our library related to the Historical Jesus. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Historical Jesus.
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Jesus Double-Act
- Is it possible that there were two Jesus', and that the histories of both have become entwined in the modern Bible? An examination of the evidence suggests that this is not only possible, but highly probable. To begin with, let us look at the Gospels....
Christianity >> The Bible
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 11
- Chapter 11 11:1 Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha. 11:2 (It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.) 11:3 Therefore his...
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 6
- Chapter 6 6:1 After these things Jesus went over the sea of Galilee, which is the sea of Tiberias. 6:2 And a great multitude followed him, because they saw his miracles which he did on them that were diseased. 6:3 And Jesus went up into a mountain, and there...
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 26
- Chapter 26 26:1 And it came to pass, when Jesus had finished all these sayings, he said unto his disciples, 26:2 Ye know that after two days is the feast of the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified. 26:3 Then assembled together the chief...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 19
- Chapter 19 19:1 Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him. 19:2 And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe, 19:3 And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands. 19:4...
New Testament >> John
- Starting with Jesus and the Christian Path...
- During the years of the historical Jesus' life, there are eight or nine years that his whereabouts are not accounted for. Meaning these are the 'lost' years. It was after returning that he truly began to teach his wisdom. Many scholars believe he was in India...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Historical Jesus is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Historical Jesus books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Historical Jesus Course Syllabus
- Who was the historical Jesus of Nazareth? What did he actually say and do, as contrasted with what early Christians (e.g.
- THE HISTORICAL JESUS IS THE HALAKIC JESUS
- on the historical Jesus and the Law has been to a great degree wrong.
- The historical Jesus of archaeology and history
- New Testament. Chapter 1. JESUS CHRIST THE MESSIAH.
Suggested News Resources
- Encountering the Historical Jesus
- My book group has been reading about the historical Jesus, a hot topic in both scholarship and the larger world of Christian belief. We are now tackling The Historical Jesus: Five Views.
- A Hitchhiker's Guide to Jesus—- For Those Who Care about the Historical Jesus
- There are good books, and there are great books on the historical Jesus, and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Historical Jesus (Baker, May 2011, $22.99 list). falls into the latter category, on top of which its a lot of fun to read.
- Does God support mountaintop removal mining?
- Historical Jesus Theories, earlychristianwritings.com/theories.htm – the names of many of the contemporary historical Jesus scholars and the ti-tles of their over 100 books on the subject.
- Losing, and gaining, followers
- Posted By: Dan... you do realize the historical Jesus was likely a very dark, black / brown skin man. | August 02, 2011 at 10:08 AM For an article on the Obama Campaign, Ben should use a source fron the RNC?
- The Irish Times - Saturday, August 20, 2011
- But on the other hand we believe that the historical Jesus has given us more than a glimpse of the mystery of God.
Suggested Web Resources
- Historical Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The term historical Jesus refers to scholarly reconstructions of the 1st-century figure Jesus of Nazareth.
- Did Jesus exist?
- Amazingly, the question of an actual historical Jesus rarely confronts the religious believer.
- Historical Jesus Theories
- Find the historical Jesus with help from a wide variety of sources.
- Jesus Many Faces - The Historical Jesus | From Jesus To Christ
- hat is the connection between these personae and the historical Jesus, the flesh- and-blood preacher of ancient Israel executed by the Romans?
- Q and A: Who Was the Historical Jesus?: Discovery News
- Apr 3, 2009 Biblical scholar Rachel Havrelock discusses the historical Jesus and some common misconceptions about early Christianity.
Historical Jesus Topics
list of mnemonics music
bilal ibn ribah adhan
christian views of women
the luncheon on the grass description