- New Year's revellers OUTSIDE London 'at risk from terror attack' warns Police
- New Year revellers could be at risk from a terror attack because there are not enough armed police across the country, it has been claimed. Steve White, chairman of the Police Federation, said armed officers would be deployed to the most vulnerable ...
- Cash in your 'glass cheques': the end of the Irn Bru buy-back scheme is nigh
- On the stroke of midnight on Hogmanay this year, the 30p deposit or “buy back” paid on every glass bottle of manufacturer AG Barr's soft drinks will no longer be refundable.
- Hearts drubbing of Motherwell a throwback but fans focusing on the future
- That Ne'erday hammering from 1973 remains a blight on the history of Hearts but, this time around, 7-0 was being greeted as an omen of good times ahead.
- Scotland Back in the Day: Did we really invent Hogmanay?
- After all, we invented Hogmanay and Ne'erday, didn't we? And it's our National Bard's most famous lines that the world sings as soon as the bells ring out to welcome in the New Year.
Hogmanay Neerday is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hogmanay Neerday books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.