A selection of articles related to holly.
Original articles from our library related to the Holly. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Holly.
- "The Holly and the Ivy": a Re-Heathenized Traditional Yuletide Carol
- Note: this song, in its Christianized form, was sung at the Lexington Unitarian Universalist Church in December 1999. The following comments were printed on the songsheet: "In early times, when reference was made in song or verse to 'holly' or 'ivy,'...
Holidays >> Yule
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- A Ritual for Samhain
- Samhain is a when the Spirit world is at it's closest to our world. One of the many ways to honor this fact is: to leave and offering by your back door. Leave and empty place setting for a departed loved one and your dinner table. Samhain is one the favored...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Holly: Correspondences
- Ilex aquifolium of I. opaca Folk Names: Aquifolius, Bat's Wings, Christ's Thorn, Holy Tree, Holm Chaste, Hulum, Hulver Bush, Tinne Gender: Masculine Planet: Mars Element: Fire Deity: Power: Protection, Anti-Lightning, Luck, Dream Magic...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary H
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Basics of Magick: The Use of Color in Magick
- White | Silver | Grey | Pink | Red | Purple | Brown | Blue | Green | Yellow | Gold | Black In magick, colors represent certain energies, goals, people and non-physical beings, such as deities or spiritual forces. For this reason, you should include candles,...
Symbology >> Colorology
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
Holly is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Holly books and related discussion.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesin facto
goms klm-goms variation
wake forest university notable alumni
meaning of dreams about hug
space wolves organization
combinatorics design theory