- The microbiome of coral surface mucus has a key role in mediating holobiont
- Microbes are well-recognized members of the coral holobiont. However, little is known about the short-term dynamics of mucus-associated microbial communities under natural conditions and after disturbances, and how these dynamics relate to the host's ...
- Broad-spectrum antimicrobials—considering 'holobiont' welfare
- Distribution of the common bacterial phyla in each of the different body sites. Credit: Wikimedia Commons.
- Add lots of microbes to 'me, myself, and I'
- For example, if a holobiont is attacked by a pathogen that the host cannot defend against, another symbiont may fulfill the job by manufacturing a toxin that can kill the invader.
- Stable and sporadic symbiotic communities of coral and algal holobionts
- Coral and algal holobionts are assemblages of macroorganisms and microorganisms, including viruses, Bacteria, Archaea, protists and fungi. Despite a decade of research, it remains unclear whether these associations are spatial–temporally stable or ...
- Will the pronoun 'I' become obsolete? A biological perspective
- As such, the authors of the new PLOS Biology paper explain that microbiologists have developed a new term for these symbiotic systems (holobiont) and a second (hologenome) that describes the combined genetic material of all constituent organisms that ...
Holobiont is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Holobiont books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesbayesian search theory
purple inverted triangle
mac os x criticisms
catalonia politics of catalonia
walker texas ranger the theme song
tianeptine drug interactions