A selection of articles related to holy places.
Original articles from our library related to the Holy Places. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Holy Places.
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 22
- Chapter 22 22:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 22:2 Speak unto Aaron and to his sons, that they separate themselves from the holy things of the children of Israel, and that they profane not my holy name in those things which they hallow unto me: I am...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- Parsifal -- The Search for The Holy Grail
- (This is a long and rich tale, which really merits a much more thorough analysis. I hope to return to that another time. Here I have only related the most essential parts:) Parsifal grew up in the woods with his mother who was a widow. One day he saw a group...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 23
- Chapter 23 23:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 23:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. 23:3 Six days shall work be done:...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 30
- Chapter 30 30:1 And thou shalt make an altar to burn incense upon: of shittim wood shalt thou make it. 30:2 A cubit shall be the length thereof, and a cubit the breadth thereof; foursquare shall it be: and two cubits shall be the height thereof: the horns...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- People of the Book: Fighting the Holy War
- At the heart of most of the world's great religions, there is a sacred text. This is usually a compilation of the words of the enlightened founder of the path or the interpretations of the life and teachings of this founder. Within this text is contained the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 16
- Chapter 16 16:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses after the death of the two sons of Aaron, when they offered before the LORD, and died; 16:2 And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto Aaron thy brother, that he come not at all times into the holy place within the...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
Holy Places is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Holy Places books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Sacred Places Europe: 108 Destinations
- “Many sacred places are now bustling tourist and pilgrimage desti- nations.
- PILGRIM'S GUIDE TO HOLY PLACES IN IRAQ
- A guide to tombs important to Sufis, Shiite and Sunni traditions, by a Sufi shaikh.
- DESECRATION OF HOLY PLACES BY ISLAMISTS 2001 – 5 Mar
- DESECRATION OF HOLY PLACES BY ISLAMISTS. 2001 – 5 Mar 2011. Source: Wikipedia & South Asia Terrorism Portal.
- Illegal immigrants find refuge in holy places Churches, citing 'broken
- Illegal immigrants find refuge in holy places. Churches, citing 'broken law,' revive the ancient tradition of sanctuary. By Emily Bazar.
Suggested News Resources
- Mormons in the Media: Holy places, fasting and an auction
- By Trent Toone, Deseret News In an article for the Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman in Wasilla, Alaska, Pastor Howard Bess discusses the definition of sacred spots and how they become holy.
- Makkah's 500-bed hospital will be opened next year
- The minister made this statement during an inspection tour of health facilities in Makkah and other holy places. His tour covered the East Arafat Hospital and the new expansion projects at Al-Noor Hospital.
- IRCTC to launch tour packages to holy places
- KANPUR: Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will launch tour packages for holy places of Shirdi Dham and Shani Singhnapur, Mata Vaishno Devi shrine and Dakshin Bharat Yatra.
- Bland Saga Based on Sitcom Characters Adds Nothing New
- By RM VIJAYAKAR A retired school teacher, Mussaddi Lal Tripathi (Pankaj Kapur), loses his wife (Farida Jalal) after a long illness and then takes an extended trip to immerse her ashes at four holy places (char dhaam).
- Test of faith
- “I feel kind of like I'm intruding on the holy places,” she had said. “It makes me feel like I don't belong there.” Now, though, she says she feels more excited than nervous.
Suggested Web Resources
- Holy places - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Jump to: navigation, search.
- Holy Places of the World
- Holiest places of religions of the world.
- Holy Places — FactMonster.com
- Throughout the world are places of special significance to different religious groups. Here's just a sampling of the world's sacred spots.
- Jerusalem- the Holy City
- Sanctified by religion and tradition, by history and theology, by holy places and houses of worship, Jerusalem is a city revered by Jews, Christians, and Muslims.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Holy Places Topics
Related searchesbhaishajya veda
ramsey campbell critical studies
neil postman quotes
dnangel daisuke niwa