- I cheered as protesters clashed with Trump supporters. Then I felt shame
- 'If we really want to give the Republican frontrunner a kick in the rear, we should do it with our ballots – not with our boots.' Photograph: Scott Olson/Getty Images. Contact author.
- Inside the shantytowns of the Great Depression
- They were popularly referred to as Hoovervilles, after the Republican president in office during the onset of the Depression who was widely blamed for the economic meltdown. Hooverville residents often took ownership and pride in their humble habitats, ...
- California Drought Creates New 'Hoovervilles'
- California's record drought and the state's inability to manage it has created shantytowns reminiscent of Great Depression-era “Hoovervilles” in once-vibrant agricultural communities across the Golden State.
- Read This Beautiful, Stirring Cartoon Portrait of Woody Guthrie
- Nick Hayes' cartoon portrait of Woody Guthrie reimagines the familiar image of the Dust Bowl. By Dan Kois. WOODY GUTHRIE.
- Stunning color photos of the Great Depression
- The Great Depression remains one of the darkest periods of American history, and pictures from that time usually reflect the experience.
Hoovervilles is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hoovervilles books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesdark magician dark sage
melghat gawilgarh fort
miles city montana history
astrology and alchemy
wuhan famous people