Horace De Vere Cole
- Downton Was Right About the Prankster in Neville Chamberlain's Family
- The fictional Chamberlain's story–that the Dowager Countess threatened to spill the beans that he had participated in his brother-in-laws pranks–draws on the real story of Chamberlain's wife's brother, William Horace de Vere Cole.
- King of the pranksters - the uproarious story of the Prime Minister's brother
- Because the late Horace de Vere Cole did not merely make a few councillors squirm. The embarrassment which he caused over several decades was to reverberate through academia, the Admiralty and right up to Downing Street itself. Here was a man who ...
- Privileged prankster who died penniless
- The Cambridge joke was indeed a rehearsal for the more daring Dreadnought Hoax as both gags were masterminded by the great practical joker, the incorrigible Horace de Vere Cole. Like his exotic name, there was nothing conventional about Horace.
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 6, Episode 5: Banquet of Blood
- An Alka-Seltzer cocktail for every time Lord G complains about his tummy.
- THE SULTAN OF ZANZIBAR: THE BIZARRE WORLD AND SPECTACULAR HOAXES OF HORACE DE
- Equally undoubtedly, the supreme exponent of this kind of trickery was Horace de Vere Cole, the man who brought hoaxing to an art form. Nothing delighted him more than seeing the Establishment with egg on its face. As Martyn Downer says in his new ...
Horace De Vere Cole is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Horace De Vere Cole books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.