Horace Smith Dorrien
A selection of articles related to horace smith dorrien.
Original articles from our library related to the Horace Smith Dorrien. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Horace Smith Dorrien.
- Weyland the Smith
- Not British as such, he was imported by the Anglo-Saxons from the continent. He is known in Teutonic sources, Frankish sources, and in Scandinavia, where he is called Volund. The gist of his tale is that he loved a swan-maiden who lived with him for seven...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Subliminal Persuasion: References
- (1957). " Persuaders' Get Deeply 'Hidden' Tool: Subliminal Projection " Advertising Age , Vol 37, page 127, September 16, 1957. Benes, Kathryn M.., Gutkin, Terry B., Decker, T. Newell, (1990) "The effects of mellow and frenetic music on...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Hawke, Elen: British Author
- Elen Hawke is an author, artist and British witch from Oxford, England with many years experience both living and teaching the Craft. She is a Craft elder, a Wiccan initiate, and a professional astrologer and tarot reader, as well as being a working...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Horace Smith Dorrien is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Horace Smith Dorrien books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Daily Telegraph December 15 1915
- The British forces in East Africa get a new commander in the shape of General Sir Horace Smith Dorrien – page 9, with a photo of the man in question on page 3.
- WWI Diaries Testify of a Legendary Christmas
- British Brigadier General Horace Smith-Dorrien, however, issued a directive forbidding fraternization, saying it "destroys the offensive spirit in all ranks." "December the 24th.
- Ready for the truth about the Zulu attack?
- Also on display will be Zulu weapons brought home by another famous 95th Derbyshire Regiment officer, Lieutenant (later Major General) Horace Smith-Dorrien, who was present at Isandlwana and recommended for the Victoria Cross for his actions in trying ...
- Silent Night: The Story of the World War I Christmas Truce of 1914
- The commander of the British Second Corps, General Sir Horace Smith-Dorrien, believed this proximity posed “the greatest danger” to the morale of soldiers and told Divisional Commanders to explicitly prohibit any “friendly intercourse with the enemy.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Horace Smith Dorrien Topics
Related searchesdsw algorithm
dysgraphia dyslexic dysgraphia