A selection of articles related to horse sleipnir.
Original articles from our library related to the Horse Sleipnir. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Horse Sleipnir.
- The third rune of the third aett bears the reconstructed Common Germanic name Ehwaz. Later, its name became Aihws in Gothic (note how archaic Gothic is), and still later, Eh in Anglo-Saxon. If you remember that “k” in Indo-European changed to “h” in Germanic,...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Horse Chestnut: Correspondences
- Aesculus spp. Folk Names: Buckeye Gender: Masculine Planet: Jupiter Element: Fire Deity: Power: Healing, Money...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary H
- The Goddess Epona
- Lately, it seems that Epona is coming back into Her own with the growing popularity of the internet. Most people identify with Her through Her connection with horses - She is the protector of them, after all - but most people don't seem to be aware of all Her...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 15
- Chapter 15 15:1 Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. 15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and...
Old Testament >> Exodus
Horse Sleipnir is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Horse Sleipnir books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Pewaukee High School robotics team to give demo for Senate committee
- Also making the trip to the Capitol is Sleipnir, the team's eight-wheeled robot whose appellation was inspired by Odin's eight-legged horse of Norse mythology. Aside from the two coaches, the team members are guided by more than a dozen mentors — area ...
- Perth Mint Issues Norse Gods “Odin” 2 oz. Silver High Relief Coin
- The coin is the first in a three-coin series from the Perth Mint featuring Norse gods. This two-ounce rimless piece is composed of 99.9% silver, with an antique finish, a diameter of 40.
- Santa Claus' Possible Pagan Origins: 5 Influences Behind Father Christmas
- Odin would lead a hunting party during the Winter Solstice, or Yule. His horse, Sleipnir, would lead the way. If children left out carrots in their boots near the chimney for the horse, they would be rewarded with gifts, according to About.
- The first time Santa Claus came to San Luis Obispo
- Norse mythology features Odin bearing gifts while flying his eight-legged white horse Sleipnir at the Winter Solstice. The Dutch settlements in America, such as New York, were fertile ground for the tradition of Santa Claus to take root.
Horse Sleipnir Topics
Related searchesluo yixiu
lung amphibian lungs
like a virgin release history
alliterative verse hrynhenda
bastard destructive god of darkness
sri lanka sinhala-tamil conflict
pakistan pre-colonial history