A selection of articles related to horse sleipnir.
Original articles from our library related to the Horse Sleipnir. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Horse Sleipnir.
- The third rune of the third aett bears the reconstructed Common Germanic name Ehwaz. Later, its name became Aihws in Gothic (note how archaic Gothic is), and still later, Eh in Anglo-Saxon. If you remember that “k” in Indo-European changed to “h” in Germanic,...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Horse Chestnut: Correspondences
- Aesculus spp. Folk Names: Buckeye Gender: Masculine Planet: Jupiter Element: Fire Deity: Power: Healing, Money...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary H
- The Goddess Epona
- Lately, it seems that Epona is coming back into Her own with the growing popularity of the internet. Most people identify with Her through Her connection with horses - She is the protector of them, after all - but most people don't seem to be aware of all Her...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 15
- Chapter 15 15:1 Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. 15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and...
Old Testament >> Exodus
Horse Sleipnir is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Horse Sleipnir books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- WAIVER & RELEASE FOR SLEIPNIR STABLES, LTD & Rhiannon
- Being Near Horses! Liability Release. In consideration for Sleipnir Stables, Ltd.
- Fosshotel Husavik and Dalvik. Accommodation in North Iceland and
- came riding over the district on his horse Sleipnir, which touched the land at Ásbyrgi with one hoof leaving his mark.
- The Saga of Sigurd Fafnesbane afnesbane
- The birds advised Sigurd to kill Regin.
- Behold, Observations on the Colors of the Horses of the Four
- or the gray horse Sleipnir of the Norse god Odin.I5 It is i. Published by the Metropolitan Museum, 1974: Robert A.
- YOUNGER EDDAS OF SNORRE STURLESON.
- Of The Goddesses. Of Frey And Gerda. Of The Joys Of Valhalla.
Suggested News Resources
- I am a Heathen
- The god Wotan (Odin) is the leader of this Wild Ride; charging across the sky on his eight-legged horse, Sleipnir.
Suggested Web Resources
- Sleipnir is a horse-like creature which conveys Odin between the realms of spirit and matter and is symbolic of Time.
- Mythical Horses: Sleipnir , 8-legged Norse Mythology horse
- Sleipnir is a horse of Norse mythology who was believed to belong to Odin, the god of war, poetry, knowledge, and wisdom.
- Odin and his eight-legged horse Sleipnir.
- Aug 5, 2011 Odin and his eight-legged horse Sleipnir. Two ravens are called Hugin and Munin ('thought' and 'memory').
- Frosted shot glass, Odin's Horse Sleipnir - Nordic Store
- Frosted shot glass, Odin's Horse Sleipnir. Icelandic Glassware with various designs. Designs include Viking & Celtic symbols, Geysir, Glacier Lagoon & Gullfoss.