A selection of articles related to horus mythology.
Original articles from our library related to the Horus Mythology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Horus Mythology.
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Isis and her son Horus
- We are now in the sign of Cancer, which has quite a few things to do with the concept of the Mother. But to be sure, without the child there is no mother, so the story is just as much about the relationship between the two. In our lives, there is probably no...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
Horus Mythology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Horus Mythology books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Review: Mythology-inspired story fails on screen
- The mighty creator-god Ra (Geoffrey Rush) ferries his sun boat across the cosmic sky, shedding light and lens flares on Egypt's great empire during the age of computer-generated imagery and semi-whitewashed ethnic dubiousness. The god Horus (Nikolaj ...
- The Real 'Gods of Egypt': Photos
- The fantasy adventure film "Gods of Egypt," opening this week, is a visually bold popcorn movie that takes its inspiration from ancient Egyptian mythology. The film has the essentially goofy spirit of b-movie swords-and-sandals epics -- think ...
- Adann-Kennn Movie reviews: 'Zootopia' worth a visit
- The only god powerful enough to defeat him is Horus (Coster-Waldau), the god of the sky. Bek and Horus become ... One reason it feels like a Roman mythology is the use of mainly Caucasian actors rather than people who fit the Egyptian motif.
- Gods of Egypt fails to achieve full potential
- Some time later, a slave girl named Zaya (Courtney Eaton) and her thief husband Bek (Brenton Thwaites) hatch a plan to retrieve Horus' eyes so that the god may return and reclaim the throne. However ... Admittedly, I am not a scholar of Egyptian mythology.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Horus Mythology Topics
dream interpretation suffocation
bibliography of christiaan huygens
least slack time scheduling
mu online shields